Jan 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Player of the Week: Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati
The Bearcats picked up arguably their biggest win of the season on Saturday, as they held on to beat No. 25 Marquette 71-69 in overtime after the Golden Eagles had fallen behind by a score of 29-13 at halftime. Making the win all the more impressive is that Cashmere Wright say the game out with a sprained knee and Davante Gardner slowly but surely fouled out the entire Cincinnati front line.
Kilpatrick was the reason the Bearcats were able to hold on. He finished with a career-high 36 points, shooting 11-23 from the field. The rest of the Cincinnati went 9-35 from the floor. Kilpatrick aslo scored seven of Cincinnati’s nine points in overtime, including the game-winning bucket on a driving layup with six seconds left on the clock. All this came after he went for 18 points in a win at DePaul.
The All-They-Were-Good-Too Team:
- G: Ian Clark, Belmont: In two games last week, Clark averaged 22.0 point, 6.5 boards, 3.5 assists and 3.5 steals while shooting 14-26 from the floor and 8-15 from three. More importantly, he led Belmont to wins over both Eastern Kentucky and Tennessee State, handing both programs their first loss in OVC play while moving the Bruins into sole possession of first. Making things even more impressive? Over his last five games, Clark is averaging 25.0 points while shooting 68.8% from the floor and 61.1% from three.
- G: Corey Hawkins, UC-Davis: Hawkins had himself a night on Saturday. He led the Aggies to a win at Hawaii on Saturday night with a 40 point performance. More impressive? Not only was Hawkins 8-9 from the three, but he was 10-14 from the floor and 12-12 from the line. The 6-foot-3 guard also chipped in with 12 boards on the night.
- G: Michael Carter-Williams and Brandon Triche, Syracuse: It’s impossible to differentiate the two, but they deserve recognition after leading Syracuse to a win over Louisville. As MCW spent the first 24 minutes playing like he was shaving points, Triche went off, scoring 18 of his 23 points in the first half on 7-7 shooting. MCW turned it up down the stretch, however, accounting for the Orange’s last 13 points and making the game-winning and game-saving plays in the final minute.
- F: Carl Hall, Wichita State: In just his second game back after breaking his thumb in practice and missing a month of game-time, Hall came off the bench to finish with 17 points and 13 boards, six offensive, as the Shockers knocked off No. 12 Creighton 67-64 on Saturday afternoon.
- C: Mike Muscala, Bucknell: In wins over Lafayette and Colgate this week, Muscala finished averaged 26.0 points, 12.5 boards and 3.5 blocks. He’s too much center for the Patriot League to handle.
- Bench: Dorian Green (Colorado State), Rodney McGruder (Kansas State), Darius Theus (VCU)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
A former UC Irvine forward could make his NFL debut on Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Wisconsin picked up a 2015 commitment on Sunday morning.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
LSU is on the board in the 2017 class.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Five-star 2016 guard Kobi Simmons is electric.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Three Mountain West programs and one Big Ten program among the schools on the Las Vegas native’s list.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The elite PG from New Jersey had his first in-person meeting with Kentucky head coach John Calipari on Thursday.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The South Charleston HS floor general was one of the state’s best players last season, and he could prep for a year before joining the WVU program.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The son of a former national champion has made a name for himself by scoring 28 points per game as a junior.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Mount St. Mary’s rewarded head coach Jamion Christian with an extension.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Gonzaga has one of its deepest teams of all time and the Bulldogs are challenging themselves with a difficult non-conference schedule.
Sep 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Bradley forward Auston Barnes has been charged with misdemeanor domestic battery following an August arrest.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Pitt and head coach Jamie Dixon no longer hold a commitment from a former 2016 recruit.
Sep 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
A three-star forward has four schools that are heavily involved.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Matt McQuaid can really light it up from the perimeter.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Stephen Zimmerman is ranked the No. 10 overall recruit by Rivals.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Kentucky fans camped out on Monday in order to officially camp out for tickets on Wednesday morning.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
The Rhode Island forward is eligible after missing the 2013-2014 season.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 forward has two years of eligibility remaining.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
He was arrested on Feb. 14.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)