Jan 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Yup, there’s a college basketball angle to today’s second inauguration of President Barack Obama.
As most in hoops circles know by now, Craig Robinson, head coach at Oregon State, is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama.
The fifth-year man was in attendance on Monday morning when Obama was sworn into office for a second term in Washington D.C.
While I’m sure he didn’t plan on making news, he did, kind of. Robinson can be seen in one camera shot popping his head out from behind Obama with a smirk. He photo-bombed his brother-in-law’s inauguration. Hilarious, right? The former two-time Ivy League Player of the Year at Princeton knows his stuff, so I’m sure he had more than just a family interest in the day’s events.
The photo comes courtesy of @fangsbites.
Not sure it was intentional — in fact, I’d bet it wasn’t — but still a funny tidbit on an historic day.
The Beavers are 40-49 in Robinson’s five seasons and 10-8 overall this season, 0-5 in Pac-12 Conference play.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)