Jan 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Yup, there’s a college basketball angle to today’s second inauguration of President Barack Obama.
As most in hoops circles know by now, Craig Robinson, head coach at Oregon State, is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama.
The fifth-year man was in attendance on Monday morning when Obama was sworn into office for a second term in Washington D.C.
While I’m sure he didn’t plan on making news, he did, kind of. Robinson can be seen in one camera shot popping his head out from behind Obama with a smirk. He photo-bombed his brother-in-law’s inauguration. Hilarious, right? The former two-time Ivy League Player of the Year at Princeton knows his stuff, so I’m sure he had more than just a family interest in the day’s events.
The photo comes courtesy of @fangsbites.
Not sure it was intentional — in fact, I’d bet it wasn’t — but still a funny tidbit on an historic day.
The Beavers are 40-49 in Robinson’s five seasons and 10-8 overall this season, 0-5 in Pac-12 Conference play.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)