Jan 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Yup, there’s a college basketball angle to today’s second inauguration of President Barack Obama.
As most in hoops circles know by now, Craig Robinson, head coach at Oregon State, is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama.
The fifth-year man was in attendance on Monday morning when Obama was sworn into office for a second term in Washington D.C.
While I’m sure he didn’t plan on making news, he did, kind of. Robinson can be seen in one camera shot popping his head out from behind Obama with a smirk. He photo-bombed his brother-in-law’s inauguration. Hilarious, right? The former two-time Ivy League Player of the Year at Princeton knows his stuff, so I’m sure he had more than just a family interest in the day’s events.
The photo comes courtesy of @fangsbites.
Not sure it was intentional — in fact, I’d bet it wasn’t — but still a funny tidbit on an historic day.
The Beavers are 40-49 in Robinson’s five seasons and 10-8 overall this season, 0-5 in Pac-12 Conference play.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)