Jan 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Yup, there’s a college basketball angle to today’s second inauguration of President Barack Obama.
As most in hoops circles know by now, Craig Robinson, head coach at Oregon State, is the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama.
The fifth-year man was in attendance on Monday morning when Obama was sworn into office for a second term in Washington D.C.
While I’m sure he didn’t plan on making news, he did, kind of. Robinson can be seen in one camera shot popping his head out from behind Obama with a smirk. He photo-bombed his brother-in-law’s inauguration. Hilarious, right? The former two-time Ivy League Player of the Year at Princeton knows his stuff, so I’m sure he had more than just a family interest in the day’s events.
The photo comes courtesy of @fangsbites.
Not sure it was intentional — in fact, I’d bet it wasn’t — but still a funny tidbit on an historic day.
The Beavers are 40-49 in Robinson’s five seasons and 10-8 overall this season, 0-5 in Pac-12 Conference play.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)