Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 PM EST
Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams has had a sensational sophomore season. the highly touted distributor did not see much action last season because he was behind the likes of Scoop Jardine, Dion Waiters and Brandon Triche. But when he did get in, he did things like this.
Through 19 games this season, the 6-foot-6 Massachusetts-native is leading the country in assists per game (9.3) and has an assist-to-turnover ration of 2.4.
While he struggled early against Louisville on Saturday, he was the hero down the stretch and made the games most significant play.
On Monday against Cincinnati, in a game the orange won 57-55, MCW once again had the game’s most significant play, and boy was it sensational.
(Video via ESPN)
Carter-Williams may have an ugly release on his jump shot, and he still is a bit too reckless with some of his decision-making skills, but this kid can get up in a hurry. Methinks this is not the last time we are going to see MCW throw it down like this.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)