Jan 21, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Game of the Day: No. 21 Cincinnati at No. 3 Syracuse (3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
The biggest question heading into this game: Will Cashmere Wright play? It’s going to be a game time decision, but he was out warming up, which is something he didn’t do on Saturday against Marquette. Wright injured his knee last week in a win over DePaul.
The Bearcats need him, even if he’s not at 100%. Beyond the fact that Wright tends to play well against Syracuse, the Orange are excellent ar forcing turnovers with the length in their zone. It’s also important to note that the Orange play zone, and to beat that zone the Bearcats are going to need to be able to penetrate. Wright is the team’s best penetrator.
Syracuse will be without James Southerland, but they were without James Southerland when they went into Louisville and beat the Cardinals on the road.
Who’s Getting Upset?: Southern at Alabama A&M (9:30 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Southern puts their 7-0 SWAC record on the line as they trip to Alabama A&M, who has beaten Missouri State and won at Mississippi State this season.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Day: Wright State at Detroit (7:00 p.m. ET)
Valpo has taken over the lead in the Horizon League race, and that’s because they beat both Wright State and Detroit last week. I think the Titans were a bit upset about the loss; after blowing a 22 point second half lead to the Crusaders, they went out and beat Illinois-Chicago by 51 points and led 53-14 at the half.
Five Things to Watch For
1) Bigger Monday! We get two Big East games and two Big 12 games tonight, with the festivities kicking off at 3:30 p.m.
2) The Red River Rivalry just doesn’t have the same kind of hype in hoops that it does on the gridiron, but that doesn’t mean that the game isn’t important. Oklahoma looks like one of a handful of teams that could slide in behind Kansas State as the third best team in the conference, but to do so they have to beat teams like Texas at home. (9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
3) There will be plenty on display when Oklahoma State visits Baylor (5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN), but what Scott Drew and Travis Ford have been able to do on the recruiting trail has yet to provide their programs with the kind of wins and championships that would be expected.
4) Three weeks ago, Georgetown and Notre Dame both looked like top 15 teams and legitimate threats to finished third in the Big East. Now? The Hoyas are coming off of a loss to South Florida and may be without Greg Whittington for the rest of the season. The Irish nearly blew a game at home to Rutgers after losing at St. John’s. How good are these two teams?
5) Towson is 5-1 in the CAA thanks in large part to Jerrelle Benimon, who is leading the team in scoring, rebounding, assists, blocks and is third in steals.
The Top 25
No. 21 Cincinnati at No. 3 Syracuse (3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Georgetown at No. 24 Notre Dame (7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:01 PM EST
All of Tuesday’s bubble action, right here.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Cincinnati could be losing an experienced guard for next season.
Jahlil Okafor, D’Angelo Russell among 10 finalists for Wayman Tisdale Award as nation’s best freshman
Mar 3, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
A lot of productive players on the Wayman Tisdale Award finalist list, led by Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:52 PM EST
Albany is looking for its third NCAA tournament appearance in as many years. Stony Brook is attempting to once again get over that conference tournament hump.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:47 PM EST
Kaminsky has all but locked up the award in my mind.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:32 PM EST
Murray State rolled through the OVC unbeaten and enters the conference tournament as the heavy favorite.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon was reportedly publicly accused of sexual assault.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
This is the last true road game for the Wildcats this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Andrew Chrabascz had missed the last two weeks with a broken hand
Mar 3, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
A three-game margin separated the top seven teams, so don’t be surprised if things don’t go according to the seeds in Conway, South Carolina.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
The National Player of the Year talks hoops, soccer and senior years.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:12 AM EST
Last year, the college hoops 30 for 30 was “Requiem for the Big East”.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EST
Can St. Francis (NY) land their first-ever NCAA tournament berth?
Late Night Snacks: Texas gets huge win over Baylor, Iowa State comeback win on Oklahoma; No. 2 Virginia wins on road
Mar 2, 2015, 11:18 PM EST
No. 2 Virginia earned a big road win.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Texas survived to keep its NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
Seton Hall added to its 2015 recruiting haul on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
Alabama loses another starter as the regular season winds down.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Bucknell will be looking to make their third NCAA tournament appearance under Dave Paulsen.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
The Big 12 and the ACC will both be in action.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
The Atlantic Sun Tournament should be an exciting one as Florida Gulf Coast attempts to dethrone regular season champ North Florida.
- Bubble Banter: Whose tournament hopes are on the line on Tuesday night? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)