Jan 22, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein did not travel to Alabama and will not be available for the Wildcats matchup Tuesday with the Crimson Tide, coach John Calipari announced via Twitter.
“I was very pleased that WCS was able to get in a good treadmill workout Monday. As a precaution, he stayed in Lex & will not dress tonight,” Calipari wrote.
Cauley-Stein is still recovering from a minor left knee procedure that he underwent on Thursday. The procedure was in an attempt to clear up an old knee injury.
On the season, Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game.
In his absence on Saturday vs. Auburn, the Wildcats had little trouble with the overmatched Tigers. Fellow freshman Nerlens Noel had 10 points, nine rebounds, and seven blocks. Five Kentucky players scored in double figures.
Kentucky tips off against Alabama Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm