Jan 22, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein did not travel to Alabama and will not be available for the Wildcats matchup Tuesday with the Crimson Tide, coach John Calipari announced via Twitter.
“I was very pleased that WCS was able to get in a good treadmill workout Monday. As a precaution, he stayed in Lex & will not dress tonight,” Calipari wrote.
Cauley-Stein is still recovering from a minor left knee procedure that he underwent on Thursday. The procedure was in an attempt to clear up an old knee injury.
On the season, Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game.
In his absence on Saturday vs. Auburn, the Wildcats had little trouble with the overmatched Tigers. Fellow freshman Nerlens Noel had 10 points, nine rebounds, and seven blocks. Five Kentucky players scored in double figures.
Kentucky tips off against Alabama Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)