Jan 22, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein did not travel to Alabama and will not be available for the Wildcats matchup Tuesday with the Crimson Tide, coach John Calipari announced via Twitter.
“I was very pleased that WCS was able to get in a good treadmill workout Monday. As a precaution, he stayed in Lex & will not dress tonight,” Calipari wrote.
Cauley-Stein is still recovering from a minor left knee procedure that he underwent on Thursday. The procedure was in an attempt to clear up an old knee injury.
On the season, Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game.
In his absence on Saturday vs. Auburn, the Wildcats had little trouble with the overmatched Tigers. Fellow freshman Nerlens Noel had 10 points, nine rebounds, and seven blocks. Five Kentucky players scored in double figures.
Kentucky tips off against Alabama Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 11
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)