Jan 22, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein did not travel to Alabama and will not be available for the Wildcats matchup Tuesday with the Crimson Tide, coach John Calipari announced via Twitter.
“I was very pleased that WCS was able to get in a good treadmill workout Monday. As a precaution, he stayed in Lex & will not dress tonight,” Calipari wrote.
Cauley-Stein is still recovering from a minor left knee procedure that he underwent on Thursday. The procedure was in an attempt to clear up an old knee injury.
On the season, Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game.
In his absence on Saturday vs. Auburn, the Wildcats had little trouble with the overmatched Tigers. Fellow freshman Nerlens Noel had 10 points, nine rebounds, and seven blocks. Five Kentucky players scored in double figures.
Kentucky tips off against Alabama Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)