Jan 22, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Kentucky freshman Willie Cauley-Stein did not travel to Alabama and will not be available for the Wildcats matchup Tuesday with the Crimson Tide, coach John Calipari announced via Twitter.
“I was very pleased that WCS was able to get in a good treadmill workout Monday. As a precaution, he stayed in Lex & will not dress tonight,” Calipari wrote.
Cauley-Stein is still recovering from a minor left knee procedure that he underwent on Thursday. The procedure was in an attempt to clear up an old knee injury.
On the season, Cauley-Stein is averaging 7.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game.
In his absence on Saturday vs. Auburn, the Wildcats had little trouble with the overmatched Tigers. Fellow freshman Nerlens Noel had 10 points, nine rebounds, and seven blocks. Five Kentucky players scored in double figures.
Kentucky tips off against Alabama Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)