Jan 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Episode 7 of the CBT podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by College Basketball Talk writer Raphielle Johnson to discuss a litany of different topics, including the teams and players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve, for both good and bad reasons.
Miami, Ole Miss and Oregon are all sitting at the top of their respective conferences and here are not more than a handful of people out there that could have predicted this. Troy and Raph discuss how they got there and if they can stay there.
On the flip side, Missouri is struggling to find an identity without Laurence Bowers and Notre Dame has not been able to hack it on the defensive end.
We also discuss some marquee players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve and the roles they have played in their team’s success.
Finally, we discuss the changes that need to be made to the NCAA rule book, specifically the elbow rule. It has to go. There is no other way to put it.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player:CBT Podcast Episode 7
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 2
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)