Jan 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Episode 7 of the CBT podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by College Basketball Talk writer Raphielle Johnson to discuss a litany of different topics, including the teams and players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve, for both good and bad reasons.
Miami, Ole Miss and Oregon are all sitting at the top of their respective conferences and here are not more than a handful of people out there that could have predicted this. Troy and Raph discuss how they got there and if they can stay there.
On the flip side, Missouri is struggling to find an identity without Laurence Bowers and Notre Dame has not been able to hack it on the defensive end.
We also discuss some marquee players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve and the roles they have played in their team’s success.
Finally, we discuss the changes that need to be made to the NCAA rule book, specifically the elbow rule. It has to go. There is no other way to put it.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player:CBT Podcast Episode 7
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)