Jan 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Episode 7 of the CBT podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by College Basketball Talk writer Raphielle Johnson to discuss a litany of different topics, including the teams and players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve, for both good and bad reasons.
Miami, Ole Miss and Oregon are all sitting at the top of their respective conferences and here are not more than a handful of people out there that could have predicted this. Troy and Raph discuss how they got there and if they can stay there.
On the flip side, Missouri is struggling to find an identity without Laurence Bowers and Notre Dame has not been able to hack it on the defensive end.
We also discuss some marquee players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve and the roles they have played in their team’s success.
Finally, we discuss the changes that need to be made to the NCAA rule book, specifically the elbow rule. It has to go. There is no other way to put it.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player:CBT Podcast Episode 7
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights