Jan 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Episode 7 of the CBT podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by College Basketball Talk writer Raphielle Johnson to discuss a litany of different topics, including the teams and players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve, for both good and bad reasons.
Miami, Ole Miss and Oregon are all sitting at the top of their respective conferences and here are not more than a handful of people out there that could have predicted this. Troy and Raph discuss how they got there and if they can stay there.
On the flip side, Missouri is struggling to find an identity without Laurence Bowers and Notre Dame has not been able to hack it on the defensive end.
We also discuss some marquee players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve and the roles they have played in their team’s success.
Finally, we discuss the changes that need to be made to the NCAA rule book, specifically the elbow rule. It has to go. There is no other way to put it.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player:CBT Podcast Episode 7
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 6
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (6)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)