Jan 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Episode 7 of the CBT podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by College Basketball Talk writer Raphielle Johnson to discuss a litany of different topics, including the teams and players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve, for both good and bad reasons.
Miami, Ole Miss and Oregon are all sitting at the top of their respective conferences and here are not more than a handful of people out there that could have predicted this. Troy and Raph discuss how they got there and if they can stay there.
On the flip side, Missouri is struggling to find an identity without Laurence Bowers and Notre Dame has not been able to hack it on the defensive end.
We also discuss some marquee players that haven’t gotten the recognition they deserve and the roles they have played in their team’s success.
Finally, we discuss the changes that need to be made to the NCAA rule book, specifically the elbow rule. It has to go. There is no other way to put it.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player:CBT Podcast Episode 7
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
Mar 3, 2015, 4:52 PM EST
Albany is looking for its third NCAA tournament appearance in as many years. Stony Brook is attempting to once again get over that conference tournament hump.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:47 PM EST
Kaminsky has all but locked up the award in my mind.
Mar 3, 2015, 2:32 PM EST
Murray State rolled through the OVC unbeaten and enters the conference tournament as the heavy favorite.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon was reportedly publicly accused of sexual assault.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
This is the last true road game for the Wildcats this season.
Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
Andrew Chrabascz had missed the last two weeks with a broken hand
Mar 3, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
A three-game margin separated the top seven teams, so don’t be surprised if things don’t go according to the seeds in Conway, South Carolina.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EST
The National Player of the Year talks hoops, soccer and senior years.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:12 AM EST
Last year, the college hoops 30 for 30 was “Requiem for the Big East”.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:15 AM EST
Can St. Francis (NY) land their first-ever NCAA tournament berth?
Late Night Snacks: Texas gets huge win over Baylor, Iowa State comeback win on Oklahoma; No. 2 Virginia wins on road
Mar 2, 2015, 11:18 PM EST
No. 2 Virginia earned a big road win.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Texas survived to keep its NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EST
Seton Hall added to its 2015 recruiting haul on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:20 PM EST
Alabama loses another starter as the regular season winds down.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Bucknell will be looking to make their third NCAA tournament appearance under Dave Paulsen.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
The Big 12 and the ACC will both be in action.
Mar 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
The Atlantic Sun Tournament should be an exciting one as Florida Gulf Coast attempts to dethrone regular season champ North Florida.
Mar 2, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Trae Jackson broke his foot in mid-January.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Sulaimon was dismissed from the team in January of this year.
Mar 2, 2015, 12:25 PM EST
Austin Nichols was the bright spot for the Tigers this season.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)