Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
As if this season hasn’t been bad enough for the Longhorns, they suffered another massive blow on Monday night when starting forward Jonathan Holmes left the game against Oklahoma and returned to the bench with a cast on his right hand.
The Longhorns released the unfortunate news on Tuesday evening: Holmes has a broken bone in the hand. The team did not provide a timetable for his return, although the injury is not believed to be season-ending.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore had been averaging 8.1 points and a team-high 7.4 boards for Rick Barnes. He’s scored 37 points in the last three games prior to getting injured. Texas, who is still without Myck Kabongo, has now lost five straight games and is 8-10 on the year.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)