Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
As if this season hasn’t been bad enough for the Longhorns, they suffered another massive blow on Monday night when starting forward Jonathan Holmes left the game against Oklahoma and returned to the bench with a cast on his right hand.
The Longhorns released the unfortunate news on Tuesday evening: Holmes has a broken bone in the hand. The team did not provide a timetable for his return, although the injury is not believed to be season-ending.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore had been averaging 8.1 points and a team-high 7.4 boards for Rick Barnes. He’s scored 37 points in the last three games prior to getting injured. Texas, who is still without Myck Kabongo, has now lost five straight games and is 8-10 on the year.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)