Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
As if this season hasn’t been bad enough for the Longhorns, they suffered another massive blow on Monday night when starting forward Jonathan Holmes left the game against Oklahoma and returned to the bench with a cast on his right hand.
The Longhorns released the unfortunate news on Tuesday evening: Holmes has a broken bone in the hand. The team did not provide a timetable for his return, although the injury is not believed to be season-ending.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore had been averaging 8.1 points and a team-high 7.4 boards for Rick Barnes. He’s scored 37 points in the last three games prior to getting injured. Texas, who is still without Myck Kabongo, has now lost five straight games and is 8-10 on the year.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0