Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
As if this season hasn’t been bad enough for the Longhorns, they suffered another massive blow on Monday night when starting forward Jonathan Holmes left the game against Oklahoma and returned to the bench with a cast on his right hand.
The Longhorns released the unfortunate news on Tuesday evening: Holmes has a broken bone in the hand. The team did not provide a timetable for his return, although the injury is not believed to be season-ending.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore had been averaging 8.1 points and a team-high 7.4 boards for Rick Barnes. He’s scored 37 points in the last three games prior to getting injured. Texas, who is still without Myck Kabongo, has now lost five straight games and is 8-10 on the year.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)