Jan 23, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Thomas de Thaey left the NC State basketball program back in November.
According to his twitter feed, the decision was made because his father was battling cancer back in his native Belgium and he needed to be closer to him.
But one can’t help but wonder whether or not there was more to it than that.
Because after NC State lost to Wake Forest on Tuesday night, de Thaey had the following to say about head coach Mark Gottfried (I’m linking the tweet, but using a screen-grab in the post in case he decides to delete it):
OK, whatever, a former player that didn’t get much playing time spouting off on twitter. That’s happened before. It will happen again. It’s not a big deal.
But this is:
Yup, that’s NC State freshman TJ Warren retweeting a former teammate ripping his current head coach. As we all know, an RT does not equal an endorsement. It could be Warren simply pointing out and mocking a bitter ex-teammate. Who knows.
But it’s something worth keeping an eye on. And it’s something I’m sure Warren will be hearing about.
(UPDATE: Warren has deleted the retweet.)
(h/t Run The Floor)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)