Jan 24, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
So Dan Patrick created a bit of a stir this morning when he said on his morning show that, after Duke’s loss to Miami on Wednesday night, his team practiced for more than three hours — from 1:30 a.m. until 4:45 a.m. — the minute they got back to Durham.
Listen for yourself:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That would be a problem.
Because it’s illegal, per Rule 22.214.171.124.3:
Countable athletically related activities shall not occur between midnight and 5 a.m.
That would be an NCAA violation, and I think even Ronnie Ramos and Mark Emmert would agree.
Luckily, for Duke fans, it doesn’t look like that practice actually happened. Jeff Goodman, Doug Gottlieb, Andy Katz and basically everyone else with a source at Duke said the same thing. And, as it turns out, the Dan Patrick Show was joking about it more than reporting it:
@jimmweber We were having fun with it. Not reporting it. Some listeners said this would be a great scenario and we goofed on it.
— Paul Pabst (@PaulPabst) January 24, 2013
So, yeah, nothing to see here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)