Jan 25, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Thursday was a day of good news for the Butler program.
First there was the announcement that senior guard Rotnei Clarke was cleared for full contact practices, which opens the door for him possibly being able to play on Saturday when the Bulldogs host Temple.
And in the evening Brad Stevens’ program received good news in the form of Mater Dei (CA) senior guard Elijah Brown verbally committing to attend Butler (subscription required).
Brown, a left-handed guard who plays along side highly regarded 2014 prospect Stanley Johnson, is averaging 18 points per game this season.
He’s also the son of former Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike Brown.
Adding Brown gives Butler four commitments in the 2013 class, as he joins guard Rene Castro and forwards Andrew Chrabascz and Nolan Berry. Brown’s a versatile guard who can play either on or off the ball, an attribute that will help the Butler program given the fact that Rotnei Clarke is a senior.
The Bulldogs will also lose shooting guard Chase Stigall, forward Andrew Smith and center Emerson Kampen at the end of the season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)