Jan 25, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Wisconsin will be shorthanded for their game against No. 12 Minnesota, as head coach Bo Ryan announced on Friday that sophomore forward Frank Kaminsky would miss his third consecutive game due to an eye injury.
Kaminsky, a 6-11 forward currently averaging 10.1 minutes and 4.6 points per game, hasn’t played since suffering the injury in the Badgers’ 64-59 win at Indiana on January 15.
Wisconsin has dropped two straight games since winning in Bloomington, and with a Minnesota team that’s lost three games in a row visiting Madison Saturday’s contest represents an opportunity for the Badgers to get back on track.
Wisconsin relies on the trio of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans and Mike Bruesewitz in the front court, with all three players averaging at least 25.9 minutes per game. But Kaminsky’s size would have been a nice asset to have against a team that ranks among the nation’s best when it comes to offensive rebounding.
Minnesota boasts an offensive rebounding percentage of 48%, a number which leads the country. However Wisconsin’s done a very good job of keeping opponents off the glass, as they’re allowing teams to rebound just over 26% of their missed shots.
In losses to Indiana and Michigan, Minnesota struggled defensively as both the Hoosiers and Wolverines shot better than 50% from the field. Yet in their loss to Northwestern it was the offense that let the Golden Gophers down, as they shot 33.3% from the field and 5-of-19 from beyond the arc.
Wisconsin is allowing opponents to shoot 40% from the field on the season, and they’ve won 14 of the last 15 meetings in Madison.
Feb 26, 2015, 10:29 PM EST
Who were the winners and the losers on the bubble on Thursday?
Feb 26, 2015, 9:59 PM EST
Michigan State fouled three-point shooters on two separate occasions late in regulation, and it set the stage for an overtime loss at home.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:17 PM EST
Tate scored a career-high 22 points Thursday night, and his move into the starting lineup has helped Ohio State.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Five year-old Nicholas Wince spent the entire day with West Virginia prior to their win over Texas, signing a National Letter of Intent as well.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
Without Jordan McLaughlin, USC will have to rely on Julian Jacobs at the point in their final two regular season games.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
In addition to a ruptured plantar fascia suffered in a loss to Florida in late-January, Ricky Tarrant also needs to undergo a procedure on his left knee.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Boeheim doesn’t seem pleased about the ruling.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
This borders on criminal.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
There aren’t many surprises here.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
SMU will also be making a trip to visit Memphis.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
This is incredible.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
These are more understated than recent adidas uniforms.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
Chris Jones was dismissed from the team on Sunday.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:38 AM EST
And No. 2 Virginia limited Wake Forest to 21.8% shooting without two starters.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
The Duke defense is the biggest red flag on any true contender.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Scott Drew’s Bears went on an 18-4 second half run to take control of the game, hitting six three-pointers.
Feb 25, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
Here are Wednesday’s bubble winners and losers.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby also notes that the conference is having conversations regarding possible protocols for situations in which fans rush the court.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
The CBI becomes the second postseason event to announce that it will use a 30-second shot clock this spring.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)