Jan 25, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Wisconsin will be shorthanded for their game against No. 12 Minnesota, as head coach Bo Ryan announced on Friday that sophomore forward Frank Kaminsky would miss his third consecutive game due to an eye injury.
Kaminsky, a 6-11 forward currently averaging 10.1 minutes and 4.6 points per game, hasn’t played since suffering the injury in the Badgers’ 64-59 win at Indiana on January 15.
Wisconsin has dropped two straight games since winning in Bloomington, and with a Minnesota team that’s lost three games in a row visiting Madison Saturday’s contest represents an opportunity for the Badgers to get back on track.
Wisconsin relies on the trio of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans and Mike Bruesewitz in the front court, with all three players averaging at least 25.9 minutes per game. But Kaminsky’s size would have been a nice asset to have against a team that ranks among the nation’s best when it comes to offensive rebounding.
Minnesota boasts an offensive rebounding percentage of 48%, a number which leads the country. However Wisconsin’s done a very good job of keeping opponents off the glass, as they’re allowing teams to rebound just over 26% of their missed shots.
In losses to Indiana and Michigan, Minnesota struggled defensively as both the Hoosiers and Wolverines shot better than 50% from the field. Yet in their loss to Northwestern it was the offense that let the Golden Gophers down, as they shot 33.3% from the field and 5-of-19 from beyond the arc.
Wisconsin is allowing opponents to shoot 40% from the field on the season, and they’ve won 14 of the last 15 meetings in Madison.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Elijah Bryant will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
The Arkansas forward was charged with one count of forgery last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The three-star forward failed to qualify earlier this month.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Bobby Hurley off to a good start in his new gig in Tempe.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Tai Wynyard of New Zealand is the only commit currently in Kentucky’s Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
John Beilein gets his third commitment for 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
If you can do things like this, you can play for Duke or Kentucky.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
The accusations against him include burner phones, hiding IP addresses and his mother’s cell.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Don’t jump, kid!!!!!!
Jul 28, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
Abrams was projected as the starting point guard for Illinois.
Jul 28, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
The Bulldogs aren’t guaranteed to play a top 25 team until SEC play.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
He is talented, just don’t call him the next Kevin Durant.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Will Wade will have a beautiful facility to recruit to.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:28 PM EDT
First career 3-pointer for Jones?
Jul 27, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT
Potentially four top-25 teams will be in the 2015 field.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT
Scott averaged 15.7 points per game for Grambling during the 2013-14 season.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
The former Big Ten Player of the Year (inaccurately) trolls Ohio State fans
Jul 27, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
It’s pretty obvious why people like Porter.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
Gabriel was the biggest stock riser for the month.
Jul 27, 2015, 1:51 PM EDT
Denzel Valentine and Taurean Waller-Prince also played well in stretches.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)