Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
FGCU made a statement on Friday night, beating Stetson by 31 points and pulling within a half game of the lead in the Atlantic Sun. The Eagles forced 19 Stetson turnovers, which helped all five starters reach double figures. Remember, this is a Florida Gulf Coast team that beat now-surging Miami early in the season.
The high-scoring Iona attack struck again on Friday night. Lamont “Momo” Jones led the way with 24 points, but all five starters scored in double figures in this dominating offensive performance.
The win keeps the defensive-minded Greyhounds in stride with Iona and right in the race with Niagara at the top of the MAAC standings. Loyola gets the win while only shooting 39 percent from the floor.
Keeping with the MAAC theme, Niagara stays at the top of the league standings with a win over Siena. Juan’ya Green tallied a double-double of 19 points and 11 assists. Three players scored in double figures for Niagara.
1. Evan Hymes, Siena (30 points, 6 assists)
Despite the loss, Hymes had a big outing. Not only did he shoot 7-of-11 from the field, but he got to the free throw line and converted, as well. His 12-of-13 mark from the line rounded out his efficient 30-point night.
2. Lamont Jones, Iona (24 points, 4 assists)
The Arizona transfer was once again at the center of the high-powered Iona scoring attack. His 24 points paced the Gaels in a win over St. Peter’s.
3. Jordan Heath, Canisius (17 points, 13 rebounds)
Canisius first jumped onto the national radar when it beat Temple earlier in the year. Tonight, in a win over Rider, Heath’s double-double led the way.
1. Nurideen Lindsey, Rider (4 points, fouled out)
Returning from a concussion, Lindsey was unable to find his stride Friday. He is strongest when he attacks the basket, but had just four points in a loss to Canisius.
2. Stetson handling the ball (19 turnovers)
In the night’s most one-sided game, Stetson fell to Florida Gulf Coast, 96-65. Part of the reason was Stetson’s inability to hold onto the basketball, turning it over 19 times.
3. Austin Arians, Milwaukee (0 points, 0-of-6 FG)
The struggling Panthers lost by 20 points to Green Bay and Arians struggled off the bench. He was 0-of-6 from the floor Friday.
Sep 21, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Tigers, who won 25 games last season, landed their first commitment in the Class of 2015 Sunday night.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
With both Pierria Henry and Terrence Williams being seniors, Charlotte needed to add a perimeter player in 2015.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
URI head coach Dan Hurley landed his second 2015 commitment Sunday evening.
Sep 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Danny Manning finally has his first 2015 commitment and the player’s a very important one with regard to the future of the program.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:13 PM EDT
The Vikings have added some depth to their front court for the 2015-16 season.
Sep 21, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
The Shockers won’t lack for capable leaders this season, and their newcomers have followed the lead of those veterans in the weight room.
Sep 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
A good read on Colorado State’s new senior transfer, Antwan Scott, overcoming family obstacles while still succeeding on the court.
Sep 21, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Washington State picked up a commitment from a 2015 forward on Sunday.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
A former UC Irvine forward could make his NFL debut on Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Wisconsin picked up a 2015 commitment on Sunday morning.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
LSU is on the board in the 2017 class.
Sep 21, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Five-star 2016 guard Kobi Simmons is electric.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Three Mountain West programs and one Big Ten program among the schools on the Las Vegas native’s list.
Sep 20, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
The elite PG from New Jersey had his first in-person meeting with Kentucky head coach John Calipari on Thursday.
Sep 20, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The South Charleston HS floor general was one of the state’s best players last season, and he could prep for a year before joining the WVU program.
Sep 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The son of a former national champion has made a name for himself by scoring 28 points per game as a junior.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Mount St. Mary’s rewarded head coach Jamion Christian with an extension.
Sep 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Gonzaga has one of its deepest teams of all time and the Bulldogs are challenging themselves with a difficult non-conference schedule.
Sep 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Bradley forward Auston Barnes has been charged with misdemeanor domestic battery following an August arrest.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)