Jan 26, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
The Ivy League is so different from the rest of DI basketball. There’s the relatively low status of athletes on an Ivy campus, the Friday/Saturday double headers and the refusal to stage a post-season tournament.
Then there are artifacts like today’s game between Harvard and Dartmouth. Right now, the Crimson are 2-0 atop the league standings, and Dartmouth is dragging bottom at 0-2. What’s odd about that is that the two teams have only played one another in league play thus far. Dartmouth hosted Harvard for a ten-point loss on January 12, played non-DI foe Colby College on January 17, then traveled to Harvard for today’s 82-77 OT thriller that also ended in a loss. Barring some sort of mathematical unlikelihood that only an Ivy grad could calculate, these two schools are done with one another for the year already.
Siyani Chambers scored 21 and dished out some wicked assists, so you’ll want to take a few minutes and check out the highlights, courtesy of NBC Sports Network:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)