Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Oregon is off to a 17-2 start overall and remains undefeated in Pac-12 play, but it might have encountered its first major obstacle of the season.
According to Bob Clark of The Register-Guard, Oregon guard Dominic Artis will miss an indefinite amount of time with a foot injury, one that reportedly requires the freshman to wear a protective boot. He will be inactive for Saturday’s game against Washington.
Artis has been the Oregon starter for all 19 games this season, averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists per game. He has also been one of the Ducks’ more consistent three-point threats, shooting 35 percent from three-point range. Without him in the lineup, the Ducks turn to Johnathan Loyd, who has had double-digit minutes in all 19 Oregon games this season.
Loyd will be tabbed with defending Washington’s Abdul Gaddy, who is averaging 11.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Oregon currently holds a half-game lead over UCLA in the Pac-12 race. As the Ducks take on Washington Saturday, UCLA travels to Arizona State.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)