Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Oregon is off to a 17-2 start overall and remains undefeated in Pac-12 play, but it might have encountered its first major obstacle of the season.
According to Bob Clark of The Register-Guard, Oregon guard Dominic Artis will miss an indefinite amount of time with a foot injury, one that reportedly requires the freshman to wear a protective boot. He will be inactive for Saturday’s game against Washington.
Artis has been the Oregon starter for all 19 games this season, averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists per game. He has also been one of the Ducks’ more consistent three-point threats, shooting 35 percent from three-point range. Without him in the lineup, the Ducks turn to Johnathan Loyd, who has had double-digit minutes in all 19 Oregon games this season.
Loyd will be tabbed with defending Washington’s Abdul Gaddy, who is averaging 11.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Oregon currently holds a half-game lead over UCLA in the Pac-12 race. As the Ducks take on Washington Saturday, UCLA travels to Arizona State.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)