Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Oregon is off to a 17-2 start overall and remains undefeated in Pac-12 play, but it might have encountered its first major obstacle of the season.
According to Bob Clark of The Register-Guard, Oregon guard Dominic Artis will miss an indefinite amount of time with a foot injury, one that reportedly requires the freshman to wear a protective boot. He will be inactive for Saturday’s game against Washington.
Artis has been the Oregon starter for all 19 games this season, averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists per game. He has also been one of the Ducks’ more consistent three-point threats, shooting 35 percent from three-point range. Without him in the lineup, the Ducks turn to Johnathan Loyd, who has had double-digit minutes in all 19 Oregon games this season.
Loyd will be tabbed with defending Washington’s Abdul Gaddy, who is averaging 11.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Oregon currently holds a half-game lead over UCLA in the Pac-12 race. As the Ducks take on Washington Saturday, UCLA travels to Arizona State.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)