Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Oregon is off to a 17-2 start overall and remains undefeated in Pac-12 play, but it might have encountered its first major obstacle of the season.
According to Bob Clark of The Register-Guard, Oregon guard Dominic Artis will miss an indefinite amount of time with a foot injury, one that reportedly requires the freshman to wear a protective boot. He will be inactive for Saturday’s game against Washington.
Artis has been the Oregon starter for all 19 games this season, averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists per game. He has also been one of the Ducks’ more consistent three-point threats, shooting 35 percent from three-point range. Without him in the lineup, the Ducks turn to Johnathan Loyd, who has had double-digit minutes in all 19 Oregon games this season.
Loyd will be tabbed with defending Washington’s Abdul Gaddy, who is averaging 11.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Oregon currently holds a half-game lead over UCLA in the Pac-12 race. As the Ducks take on Washington Saturday, UCLA travels to Arizona State.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)