Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Oregon is off to a 17-2 start overall and remains undefeated in Pac-12 play, but it might have encountered its first major obstacle of the season.
According to Bob Clark of The Register-Guard, Oregon guard Dominic Artis will miss an indefinite amount of time with a foot injury, one that reportedly requires the freshman to wear a protective boot. He will be inactive for Saturday’s game against Washington.
Artis has been the Oregon starter for all 19 games this season, averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 3.8 assists per game. He has also been one of the Ducks’ more consistent three-point threats, shooting 35 percent from three-point range. Without him in the lineup, the Ducks turn to Johnathan Loyd, who has had double-digit minutes in all 19 Oregon games this season.
Loyd will be tabbed with defending Washington’s Abdul Gaddy, who is averaging 11.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per game.
Oregon currently holds a half-game lead over UCLA in the Pac-12 race. As the Ducks take on Washington Saturday, UCLA travels to Arizona State.
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 2
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 84
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (84)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)