Jan 28, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Kentucky and North Carolina have agreed to a two-year series starting next season after taking a one-year hiatus from the rivalry.
Next season, the game will be played in Chapel Hill. In 2014-2015, the game will be played in Rupp Arena. If you remember, last season’s game between Kentucky and UNC was one of the most entertaining games of the season, with the outcome being decided on a blocked shot by Anthony Davis.
This news will likely dismay Indiana fans. Calipari temporarily ended the rivalry with Indiana because he didn’t want to play the game on-campus; he wanted to have it held in Lucas Oil Stadium. Tom Crean wanted the game played at Rupp Arena and in Assembly Hall. This news will likely only add fuel to the theory that Coach Cal was afraid to go back into Bloomington after losing there last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)