Jan 28, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Kentucky and North Carolina have agreed to a two-year series starting next season after taking a one-year hiatus from the rivalry.
Next season, the game will be played in Chapel Hill. In 2014-2015, the game will be played in Rupp Arena. If you remember, last season’s game between Kentucky and UNC was one of the most entertaining games of the season, with the outcome being decided on a blocked shot by Anthony Davis.
This news will likely dismay Indiana fans. Calipari temporarily ended the rivalry with Indiana because he didn’t want to play the game on-campus; he wanted to have it held in Lucas Oil Stadium. Tom Crean wanted the game played at Rupp Arena and in Assembly Hall. This news will likely only add fuel to the theory that Coach Cal was afraid to go back into Bloomington after losing there last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)