Jan 28, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Kentucky and North Carolina have agreed to a two-year series starting next season after taking a one-year hiatus from the rivalry.
Next season, the game will be played in Chapel Hill. In 2014-2015, the game will be played in Rupp Arena. If you remember, last season’s game between Kentucky and UNC was one of the most entertaining games of the season, with the outcome being decided on a blocked shot by Anthony Davis.
This news will likely dismay Indiana fans. Calipari temporarily ended the rivalry with Indiana because he didn’t want to play the game on-campus; he wanted to have it held in Lucas Oil Stadium. Tom Crean wanted the game played at Rupp Arena and in Assembly Hall. This news will likely only add fuel to the theory that Coach Cal was afraid to go back into Bloomington after losing there last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)