Jan 28, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Kentucky and North Carolina have agreed to a two-year series starting next season after taking a one-year hiatus from the rivalry.
Next season, the game will be played in Chapel Hill. In 2014-2015, the game will be played in Rupp Arena. If you remember, last season’s game between Kentucky and UNC was one of the most entertaining games of the season, with the outcome being decided on a blocked shot by Anthony Davis.
This news will likely dismay Indiana fans. Calipari temporarily ended the rivalry with Indiana because he didn’t want to play the game on-campus; he wanted to have it held in Lucas Oil Stadium. Tom Crean wanted the game played at Rupp Arena and in Assembly Hall. This news will likely only add fuel to the theory that Coach Cal was afraid to go back into Bloomington after losing there last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)