Jan 28, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT
Kentucky and North Carolina have agreed to a two-year series starting next season after taking a one-year hiatus from the rivalry.
Next season, the game will be played in Chapel Hill. In 2014-2015, the game will be played in Rupp Arena. If you remember, last season’s game between Kentucky and UNC was one of the most entertaining games of the season, with the outcome being decided on a blocked shot by Anthony Davis.
This news will likely dismay Indiana fans. Calipari temporarily ended the rivalry with Indiana because he didn’t want to play the game on-campus; he wanted to have it held in Lucas Oil Stadium. Tom Crean wanted the game played at Rupp Arena and in Assembly Hall. This news will likely only add fuel to the theory that Coach Cal was afraid to go back into Bloomington after losing there last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)