Jan 28, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
It’s always something in Louisville.
As if their current three-game losing streak and descent from No. 1 to out of the top ten wasn’t bad enough, the Cardinals will now be forced to try and end that losing streak tonight without Wayne Blackshear or Kevin Ware:
Two University of Louisville men’s basketball players will not play in tonight’s game against Pittsburgh in the KFC Yum! Center.
Wayne Blackshear suffered a sprained right shoulder in practice on Sunday. The injury is expected to sideline him for a short period. Kevin Ware has been suspended indefinitely for an unspecified reason.
Louisville is only being paid a visit by the most physical team in the Big East in Pittsburgh. No big deal.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)