Jan 28, 2013, 5:10 PM EST
Breath easier, Marquette fans. It’s safe to go back into the Bradley Center.
The infamous bat that terrorized fans, players, officials and coaches on Saturday in the Golden Eagles’ win over Providence, has been captured and released into the wild. The epic feat of heroism occurred on Monday morning, prior to Marquette’s game against South Florida tonight.
You have nothing to fear now, either, Bulls fans who made the trip to Milwaukee.
Marquette Deputy Athletic Director Mike Broeker broke the news via Twitter. Setting tons of hearts at rest.
You couldn’t get away with it forever, Bradley Center Bat — which also has it’s own Twitter account . And now you’ve been thwarted.
Chalk one up for the good guys.
I’m not going to lie though, I was laughing so hard at Ed Cooley hiding behind an assistant to get away from that thing.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)