Jan 28, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Breath easier, Marquette fans. It’s safe to go back into the Bradley Center.
The infamous bat that terrorized fans, players, officials and coaches on Saturday in the Golden Eagles’ win over Providence, has been captured and released into the wild. The epic feat of heroism occurred on Monday morning, prior to Marquette’s game against South Florida tonight.
You have nothing to fear now, either, Bulls fans who made the trip to Milwaukee.
Marquette Deputy Athletic Director Mike Broeker broke the news via Twitter. Setting tons of hearts at rest.
You couldn’t get away with it forever, Bradley Center Bat — which also has it’s own Twitter account . And now you’ve been thwarted.
Chalk one up for the good guys.
I’m not going to lie though, I was laughing so hard at Ed Cooley hiding behind an assistant to get away from that thing.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)