Jan 28, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Breath easier, Marquette fans. It’s safe to go back into the Bradley Center.
The infamous bat that terrorized fans, players, officials and coaches on Saturday in the Golden Eagles’ win over Providence, has been captured and released into the wild. The epic feat of heroism occurred on Monday morning, prior to Marquette’s game against South Florida tonight.
You have nothing to fear now, either, Bulls fans who made the trip to Milwaukee.
Marquette Deputy Athletic Director Mike Broeker broke the news via Twitter. Setting tons of hearts at rest.
You couldn’t get away with it forever, Bradley Center Bat — which also has it’s own Twitter account . And now you’ve been thwarted.
Chalk one up for the good guys.
I’m not going to lie though, I was laughing so hard at Ed Cooley hiding behind an assistant to get away from that thing.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)