Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Over the weekend, we showed you the video of UTEP’s McKenzie Moore draining a 26-foot three to beat East Carolina on the road at the buzzer, 68-67.
That, alone, is a great feeling for any team.
But the win was made all the better for the Miners because of an incident that happened earlier in the game.
Shamarr Bowden of East Carolina got tangled up with UTEP’s Konner Tucker, and while Tucker was on the ground, he let loose with a pair of haymakers. Luckily for Bowden, neither of those punches landed cleanly. Unluckily for him, he was tossed from the game and video of the incident has made it’s way onto the internet:
Bowden will be suspended, although there hasn’t been an official announcement yet. He was arrested last April on charges that he brought a .45 to a party and fired a couple rounds into the air, although the charges were eventually dropped. To his credit, Bowden did apologize to Tucker over twitter.
(UPDATE: Bowden has been suspended for one game.)
Since we like to be positive here at CBT, we’ll remind one more time of just how awesome Moore’s game-winner was. (Worth the watch for the call from UTEP’s radio guy):
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)