Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Over the weekend, we showed you the video of UTEP’s McKenzie Moore draining a 26-foot three to beat East Carolina on the road at the buzzer, 68-67.
That, alone, is a great feeling for any team.
But the win was made all the better for the Miners because of an incident that happened earlier in the game.
Shamarr Bowden of East Carolina got tangled up with UTEP’s Konner Tucker, and while Tucker was on the ground, he let loose with a pair of haymakers. Luckily for Bowden, neither of those punches landed cleanly. Unluckily for him, he was tossed from the game and video of the incident has made it’s way onto the internet:
Bowden will be suspended, although there hasn’t been an official announcement yet. He was arrested last April on charges that he brought a .45 to a party and fired a couple rounds into the air, although the charges were eventually dropped. To his credit, Bowden did apologize to Tucker over twitter.
(UPDATE: Bowden has been suspended for one game.)
Since we like to be positive here at CBT, we’ll remind one more time of just how awesome Moore’s game-winner was. (Worth the watch for the call from UTEP’s radio guy):
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)