Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Over the weekend, we showed you the video of UTEP’s McKenzie Moore draining a 26-foot three to beat East Carolina on the road at the buzzer, 68-67.
That, alone, is a great feeling for any team.
But the win was made all the better for the Miners because of an incident that happened earlier in the game.
Shamarr Bowden of East Carolina got tangled up with UTEP’s Konner Tucker, and while Tucker was on the ground, he let loose with a pair of haymakers. Luckily for Bowden, neither of those punches landed cleanly. Unluckily for him, he was tossed from the game and video of the incident has made it’s way onto the internet:
Bowden will be suspended, although there hasn’t been an official announcement yet. He was arrested last April on charges that he brought a .45 to a party and fired a couple rounds into the air, although the charges were eventually dropped. To his credit, Bowden did apologize to Tucker over twitter.
(UPDATE: Bowden has been suspended for one game.)
Since we like to be positive here at CBT, we’ll remind one more time of just how awesome Moore’s game-winner was. (Worth the watch for the call from UTEP’s radio guy):
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT