Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Over the weekend, we showed you the video of UTEP’s McKenzie Moore draining a 26-foot three to beat East Carolina on the road at the buzzer, 68-67.
That, alone, is a great feeling for any team.
But the win was made all the better for the Miners because of an incident that happened earlier in the game.
Shamarr Bowden of East Carolina got tangled up with UTEP’s Konner Tucker, and while Tucker was on the ground, he let loose with a pair of haymakers. Luckily for Bowden, neither of those punches landed cleanly. Unluckily for him, he was tossed from the game and video of the incident has made it’s way onto the internet:
Bowden will be suspended, although there hasn’t been an official announcement yet. He was arrested last April on charges that he brought a .45 to a party and fired a couple rounds into the air, although the charges were eventually dropped. To his credit, Bowden did apologize to Tucker over twitter.
(UPDATE: Bowden has been suspended for one game.)
Since we like to be positive here at CBT, we’ll remind one more time of just how awesome Moore’s game-winner was. (Worth the watch for the call from UTEP’s radio guy):
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)