Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Over the weekend, we showed you the video of UTEP’s McKenzie Moore draining a 26-foot three to beat East Carolina on the road at the buzzer, 68-67.
That, alone, is a great feeling for any team.
But the win was made all the better for the Miners because of an incident that happened earlier in the game.
Shamarr Bowden of East Carolina got tangled up with UTEP’s Konner Tucker, and while Tucker was on the ground, he let loose with a pair of haymakers. Luckily for Bowden, neither of those punches landed cleanly. Unluckily for him, he was tossed from the game and video of the incident has made it’s way onto the internet:
Bowden will be suspended, although there hasn’t been an official announcement yet. He was arrested last April on charges that he brought a .45 to a party and fired a couple rounds into the air, although the charges were eventually dropped. To his credit, Bowden did apologize to Tucker over twitter.
(UPDATE: Bowden has been suspended for one game.)
Since we like to be positive here at CBT, we’ll remind one more time of just how awesome Moore’s game-winner was. (Worth the watch for the call from UTEP’s radio guy):
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)