Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey reportedly removed from basketball arena after incident with campus police
Jan 29, 2013, 5:26 PM EST
All-American Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey was ejected from last week’s UCLA-Arizona game after a confrontation with campus police, the UA student newspaper the Daily Wildcat first reported.
According to the report, Carey and his cousin were asked four times by event staff to leave the designated Arizona student section after the two men were double-seated and sitting on the backs of chairs. They were then approached by a campus police officer who asked for their tickets. Carey then reportedly responded, “Don’t you know who I am? I am an All American.”
The two men were then escorted outside where the following scene took place, as reported by the Arizona Daily Star:
Carey then got close to the officer, who asked him to “back off,” according to the UAPD report. When Carey failed to do so, the officer told him in a louder voice and Carey then took several steps back.
After a wants/warrants check came back negative on Carey and his cousin, the officer returned their identifications and told them they would have to leave the game, according to the police report.
A student Code of Conduct report was then filed with the university, according to the report.
Earlier this month, Carey was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct after an alleged incident involving his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He pleaded not guilty.
Carey was the nation’s leading rusher this past season with 1929 yards for the Wildcats and a Pac-12-leading 23 touchdowns. Arizona finished 8-5 on the year and defeated Nevada, 49-48, to win the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 15.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)