Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey reportedly removed from basketball arena after incident with campus police
Jan 29, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
All-American Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey was ejected from last week’s UCLA-Arizona game after a confrontation with campus police, the UA student newspaper the Daily Wildcat first reported.
According to the report, Carey and his cousin were asked four times by event staff to leave the designated Arizona student section after the two men were double-seated and sitting on the backs of chairs. They were then approached by a campus police officer who asked for their tickets. Carey then reportedly responded, “Don’t you know who I am? I am an All American.”
The two men were then escorted outside where the following scene took place, as reported by the Arizona Daily Star:
Carey then got close to the officer, who asked him to “back off,” according to the UAPD report. When Carey failed to do so, the officer told him in a louder voice and Carey then took several steps back.
After a wants/warrants check came back negative on Carey and his cousin, the officer returned their identifications and told them they would have to leave the game, according to the police report.
A student Code of Conduct report was then filed with the university, according to the report.
Earlier this month, Carey was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct after an alleged incident involving his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He pleaded not guilty.
Carey was the nation’s leading rusher this past season with 1929 yards for the Wildcats and a Pac-12-leading 23 touchdowns. Arizona finished 8-5 on the year and defeated Nevada, 49-48, to win the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 15.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)