Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey reportedly removed from basketball arena after incident with campus police
Jan 29, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
All-American Arizona running back Ka’Deem Carey was ejected from last week’s UCLA-Arizona game after a confrontation with campus police, the UA student newspaper the Daily Wildcat first reported.
According to the report, Carey and his cousin were asked four times by event staff to leave the designated Arizona student section after the two men were double-seated and sitting on the backs of chairs. They were then approached by a campus police officer who asked for their tickets. Carey then reportedly responded, “Don’t you know who I am? I am an All American.”
The two men were then escorted outside where the following scene took place, as reported by the Arizona Daily Star:
Carey then got close to the officer, who asked him to “back off,” according to the UAPD report. When Carey failed to do so, the officer told him in a louder voice and Carey then took several steps back.
After a wants/warrants check came back negative on Carey and his cousin, the officer returned their identifications and told them they would have to leave the game, according to the police report.
A student Code of Conduct report was then filed with the university, according to the report.
Earlier this month, Carey was charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct after an alleged incident involving his pregnant ex-girlfriend. He pleaded not guilty.
Carey was the nation’s leading rusher this past season with 1929 yards for the Wildcats and a Pac-12-leading 23 touchdowns. Arizona finished 8-5 on the year and defeated Nevada, 49-48, to win the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 15.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)