Jan 29, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Look at this picture (well, if you’re squeamish, don’t):
What’s your first thought?
Because mine was, ‘Have a nice offseason, Jordan. Hopefully, you’ll be back to 100% by the time next season starts.’
There’s no way that an ankle that rolls that far — seriously, his foot is at a 90-degree angle and the side of his shoe is touching the court while he’s standing up — and there’s nothing seriously damaged in there, right?
“We don’t think there’s any break (in his ankle) from the X-rays,” Beilein said Monday night on his weekly radio show. “It’s a sprain.”
Beilein said Morgan went in for X-rays on his ankle Monday morning, and added that if he’s able to play Wednesday when No. 1 Michigan hosts Northwestern, then he’ll be in the lineup.
He did not hint that he’d sit Morgan just for the sake of resting him against a Wildcat team the Wolverines beat by 28 points earlier this month.
If he can play, he’ll play. But if he’s still hurt, he won’t.
That’s good news for the Wolverines, as Morgan is their best big man. But it should be comforting for Big Blue fans to know that they can survive just fine with Morgan on the bench with a bum ankle. Against Illinois on Sunday, Mitch McGary and Jon Horford combined for 13 points and 12 boards — five offensive — in 33 minutes. And when they got in foul trouble, Max Bielfeldt popped in and added four points and a pair of offensive boards.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car