Jan 29, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Look at this picture (well, if you’re squeamish, don’t):
What’s your first thought?
Because mine was, ‘Have a nice offseason, Jordan. Hopefully, you’ll be back to 100% by the time next season starts.’
There’s no way that an ankle that rolls that far — seriously, his foot is at a 90-degree angle and the side of his shoe is touching the court while he’s standing up — and there’s nothing seriously damaged in there, right?
“We don’t think there’s any break (in his ankle) from the X-rays,” Beilein said Monday night on his weekly radio show. “It’s a sprain.”
Beilein said Morgan went in for X-rays on his ankle Monday morning, and added that if he’s able to play Wednesday when No. 1 Michigan hosts Northwestern, then he’ll be in the lineup.
He did not hint that he’d sit Morgan just for the sake of resting him against a Wildcat team the Wolverines beat by 28 points earlier this month.
If he can play, he’ll play. But if he’s still hurt, he won’t.
That’s good news for the Wolverines, as Morgan is their best big man. But it should be comforting for Big Blue fans to know that they can survive just fine with Morgan on the bench with a bum ankle. Against Illinois on Sunday, Mitch McGary and Jon Horford combined for 13 points and 12 boards — five offensive — in 33 minutes. And when they got in foul trouble, Max Bielfeldt popped in and added four points and a pair of offensive boards.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)