Jan 29, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
Look at this picture (well, if you’re squeamish, don’t):
What’s your first thought?
Because mine was, ‘Have a nice offseason, Jordan. Hopefully, you’ll be back to 100% by the time next season starts.’
There’s no way that an ankle that rolls that far — seriously, his foot is at a 90-degree angle and the side of his shoe is touching the court while he’s standing up — and there’s nothing seriously damaged in there, right?
“We don’t think there’s any break (in his ankle) from the X-rays,” Beilein said Monday night on his weekly radio show. “It’s a sprain.”
Beilein said Morgan went in for X-rays on his ankle Monday morning, and added that if he’s able to play Wednesday when No. 1 Michigan hosts Northwestern, then he’ll be in the lineup.
He did not hint that he’d sit Morgan just for the sake of resting him against a Wildcat team the Wolverines beat by 28 points earlier this month.
If he can play, he’ll play. But if he’s still hurt, he won’t.
That’s good news for the Wolverines, as Morgan is their best big man. But it should be comforting for Big Blue fans to know that they can survive just fine with Morgan on the bench with a bum ankle. Against Illinois on Sunday, Mitch McGary and Jon Horford combined for 13 points and 12 boards — five offensive — in 33 minutes. And when they got in foul trouble, Max Bielfeldt popped in and added four points and a pair of offensive boards.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)