Jan 29, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
New Mexico State senior Tyrone Watson is at the center of a police investigation after allegedly beating fellow 19-year-old NMSU student Miguel Rascon, leaving him with facials fractures, a broken nose, and 10 stitches, KDBC in El Paso, Texas, is reporting.
According to the report, Rascon is is not currently pressing charges, but has filed a criminal complaint with the university. Watson is the lone suspect in the police investigation. Four witnesses are listed on the police report. The incident is recounted by KDBC below:
One of those witnesses tells L4N Watson grabbed Rascon by the neck and threw him on the ground and “stomped on his head multiple times” after Watson thought Rascon was flirting with a girl he was with.
Watson is a 6-5, 225-pound native of Canada who is averaging 10.8 points and 5.0 rebounds per game this season. He is the second New Mexico State player to be in the news lately for off-the-court events after freshman Emery Coleman turned himself in to police. Coleman was arrested and charged with vehicular homicide.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games