Jan 29, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
UCLA freshman Shabazz Muhammad will not practice Tuesday and is listed as “day-to-day” as he battles a gastrointestinal illness, Ryan Kartje of the Orange County Register is reporting and other outlets have confirmed.
The news of Muhammad’s condition comes as the Bruins are preparing for a game Wednesday against crosstown rival USC.
Muhammad has been key to UCLA’s resurgence since his arrival in Westwood and the Bruins have overcome struggles early in the season to currently rank second in the Pac-12. On the year, he is averaging 18.2 points and 4.8 rebounds per game. He has scored in double figures in 17 of the 18 games he has played in and he has hit the 20-point mark eight times.
If Muhammad is unable to play, UCLA would be even more shorthanded in the front court than it was in a loss to Arizona State Saturday. Additionally, it is unclear whether forward Travis Wear will play Wednesday after suffering a concussion in a win over Arizona last week.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)