Jan 29, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Wisconsin will have some more depth in the front court when it takes the floor Tuesday against No. 11 Ohio State, as sophomore big man Frank Kaminsky has been cleared to return to the lineup after sitting out with injury, the school announced Tuesday evening.
Kaminsky has missed the past three games for Wisconsin after injuring his eye in a win over Indiana on Jan. 15. In his absence, Wisconsin has gone 1-2 with losses to Michigan State and Iowa.
On the year, Kaminsky is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in just over 10 minutes per game. His best game of the season came against Samford on Dec. 29 when he scored 16 points. With him back in the lineup, it will take some pressure off of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans, and Mike Bruesewitz, who will be spared those extra 10 minutes per game.
The Badgers’ main focus Tuesday will be containing Ohio State scorer Deshaun Thomas, who is averaging 20 points per game for the Buckeyes.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 13
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)