Jan 29, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Wisconsin will have some more depth in the front court when it takes the floor Tuesday against No. 11 Ohio State, as sophomore big man Frank Kaminsky has been cleared to return to the lineup after sitting out with injury, the school announced Tuesday evening.
Kaminsky has missed the past three games for Wisconsin after injuring his eye in a win over Indiana on Jan. 15. In his absence, Wisconsin has gone 1-2 with losses to Michigan State and Iowa.
On the year, Kaminsky is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in just over 10 minutes per game. His best game of the season came against Samford on Dec. 29 when he scored 16 points. With him back in the lineup, it will take some pressure off of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans, and Mike Bruesewitz, who will be spared those extra 10 minutes per game.
The Badgers’ main focus Tuesday will be containing Ohio State scorer Deshaun Thomas, who is averaging 20 points per game for the Buckeyes.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)