Jan 29, 2013, 6:43 PM EST
Wisconsin will have some more depth in the front court when it takes the floor Tuesday against No. 11 Ohio State, as sophomore big man Frank Kaminsky has been cleared to return to the lineup after sitting out with injury, the school announced Tuesday evening.
Kaminsky has missed the past three games for Wisconsin after injuring his eye in a win over Indiana on Jan. 15. In his absence, Wisconsin has gone 1-2 with losses to Michigan State and Iowa.
On the year, Kaminsky is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in just over 10 minutes per game. His best game of the season came against Samford on Dec. 29 when he scored 16 points. With him back in the lineup, it will take some pressure off of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans, and Mike Bruesewitz, who will be spared those extra 10 minutes per game.
The Badgers’ main focus Tuesday will be containing Ohio State scorer Deshaun Thomas, who is averaging 20 points per game for the Buckeyes.
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 3
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 1
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)