Jan 29, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Wisconsin will have some more depth in the front court when it takes the floor Tuesday against No. 11 Ohio State, as sophomore big man Frank Kaminsky has been cleared to return to the lineup after sitting out with injury, the school announced Tuesday evening.
Kaminsky has missed the past three games for Wisconsin after injuring his eye in a win over Indiana on Jan. 15. In his absence, Wisconsin has gone 1-2 with losses to Michigan State and Iowa.
On the year, Kaminsky is averaging 4.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in just over 10 minutes per game. His best game of the season came against Samford on Dec. 29 when he scored 16 points. With him back in the lineup, it will take some pressure off of Jared Berggren, Ryan Evans, and Mike Bruesewitz, who will be spared those extra 10 minutes per game.
The Badgers’ main focus Tuesday will be containing Ohio State scorer Deshaun Thomas, who is averaging 20 points per game for the Buckeyes.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)