Jan 30, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Episode 8 of the CBT Podcast is here.
College Basketball Talk writer Daniel Martin joins host Troy Machir to discuss the controversial sharpshooting superstar and his place in the game. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson has become the game’s most entertaining villain, and despite the Rebels’ first SEC loss of the season, Henderson’s colorful character was on display.
Many people have pegged this season as “a down year” and that college hoops is in a bad place. But with guys like Marshall Henderson causing a stir, not all is lost.
Daniel and Troy also discuss the Coach of the Year race. It’s difficult to project which coach has done the best job because much of a coach’s success is predicated on how he does in March. Nonetheless, there are a handful of coaches who deserve recognition for their efforts.
Finally, Daniel does the lightning round, answering five quick questions on a multitude of subjects.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 8
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)