Jan 30, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
Episode 8 of the CBT Podcast is here.
College Basketball Talk writer Daniel Martin joins host Troy Machir to discuss the controversial sharpshooting superstar and his place in the game. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson has become the game’s most entertaining villain, and despite the Rebels’ first SEC loss of the season, Henderson’s colorful character was on display.
Many people have pegged this season as “a down year” and that college hoops is in a bad place. But with guys like Marshall Henderson causing a stir, not all is lost.
Daniel and Troy also discuss the Coach of the Year race. It’s difficult to project which coach has done the best job because much of a coach’s success is predicated on how he does in March. Nonetheless, there are a handful of coaches who deserve recognition for their efforts.
Finally, Daniel does the lightning round, answering five quick questions on a multitude of subjects.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 8
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)