Jan 30, 2013, 1:55 PM EST
Episode 8 of the CBT Podcast is here.
College Basketball Talk writer Daniel Martin joins host Troy Machir to discuss the controversial sharpshooting superstar and his place in the game. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson has become the game’s most entertaining villain, and despite the Rebels’ first SEC loss of the season, Henderson’s colorful character was on display.
Many people have pegged this season as “a down year” and that college hoops is in a bad place. But with guys like Marshall Henderson causing a stir, not all is lost.
Daniel and Troy also discuss the Coach of the Year race. It’s difficult to project which coach has done the best job because much of a coach’s success is predicated on how he does in March. Nonetheless, there are a handful of coaches who deserve recognition for their efforts.
Finally, Daniel does the lightning round, answering five quick questions on a multitude of subjects.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 8
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)