Jan 30, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Former Indiana Hoosier Devan Dumes is now facing new criminal charges after allegedly shooting multiple shots at an Indianapolis home back on Jan. 9.
Last week, Dumes was facing charges of criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license. Wednesday, the former Indiana guard surrendered to police after new charges emerged. According to RTV6, Dumes is also facing charges of attempted murder, attempted carjacking and carrying of a handgun without license, stemming from an attempting carjacking on Jan. 11.
Following an argument with his brother on Jan. 9, Dumes was asked to leave the residence by the mother of his brother’s child. Once outside, Dumes shot at the house multiple times, before getting in his car and driving off, according to the affidavit. Dumes’ 1-year-old nephew was inside the home when the shots were fired.
According to RTV6, his trial is set for Mar. 27.
Dumes, finished his playing career at Indiana in 2010, has had a criminal past before these two incidents. In May, he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend. He is also facing charges of battery and domestic battery.
Dumes averaged 12.7 points per game as a junior for the Hoosiers.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)