Jan 30, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Former Indiana Hoosier Devan Dumes is now facing new criminal charges after allegedly shooting multiple shots at an Indianapolis home back on Jan. 9.
Last week, Dumes was facing charges of criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license. Wednesday, the former Indiana guard surrendered to police after new charges emerged. According to RTV6, Dumes is also facing charges of attempted murder, attempted carjacking and carrying of a handgun without license, stemming from an attempting carjacking on Jan. 11.
Following an argument with his brother on Jan. 9, Dumes was asked to leave the residence by the mother of his brother’s child. Once outside, Dumes shot at the house multiple times, before getting in his car and driving off, according to the affidavit. Dumes’ 1-year-old nephew was inside the home when the shots were fired.
According to RTV6, his trial is set for Mar. 27.
Dumes, finished his playing career at Indiana in 2010, has had a criminal past before these two incidents. In May, he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend. He is also facing charges of battery and domestic battery.
Dumes averaged 12.7 points per game as a junior for the Hoosiers.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)