Jan 30, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Former Indiana Hoosier Devan Dumes is now facing new criminal charges after allegedly shooting multiple shots at an Indianapolis home back on Jan. 9.
Last week, Dumes was facing charges of criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license. Wednesday, the former Indiana guard surrendered to police after new charges emerged. According to RTV6, Dumes is also facing charges of attempted murder, attempted carjacking and carrying of a handgun without license, stemming from an attempting carjacking on Jan. 11.
Following an argument with his brother on Jan. 9, Dumes was asked to leave the residence by the mother of his brother’s child. Once outside, Dumes shot at the house multiple times, before getting in his car and driving off, according to the affidavit. Dumes’ 1-year-old nephew was inside the home when the shots were fired.
According to RTV6, his trial is set for Mar. 27.
Dumes, finished his playing career at Indiana in 2010, has had a criminal past before these two incidents. In May, he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend. He is also facing charges of battery and domestic battery.
Dumes averaged 12.7 points per game as a junior for the Hoosiers.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)