Jan 30, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Former Indiana Hoosier Devan Dumes is now facing new criminal charges after allegedly shooting multiple shots at an Indianapolis home back on Jan. 9.
Last week, Dumes was facing charges of criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license. Wednesday, the former Indiana guard surrendered to police after new charges emerged. According to RTV6, Dumes is also facing charges of attempted murder, attempted carjacking and carrying of a handgun without license, stemming from an attempting carjacking on Jan. 11.
Following an argument with his brother on Jan. 9, Dumes was asked to leave the residence by the mother of his brother’s child. Once outside, Dumes shot at the house multiple times, before getting in his car and driving off, according to the affidavit. Dumes’ 1-year-old nephew was inside the home when the shots were fired.
According to RTV6, his trial is set for Mar. 27.
Dumes, finished his playing career at Indiana in 2010, has had a criminal past before these two incidents. In May, he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend. He is also facing charges of battery and domestic battery.
Dumes averaged 12.7 points per game as a junior for the Hoosiers.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)