Jan 30, 2013, 5:21 PM EDT
Former Indiana Hoosier Devan Dumes is now facing new criminal charges after allegedly shooting multiple shots at an Indianapolis home back on Jan. 9.
Last week, Dumes was facing charges of criminal recklessness and carrying a handgun without a license. Wednesday, the former Indiana guard surrendered to police after new charges emerged. According to RTV6, Dumes is also facing charges of attempted murder, attempted carjacking and carrying of a handgun without license, stemming from an attempting carjacking on Jan. 11.
Following an argument with his brother on Jan. 9, Dumes was asked to leave the residence by the mother of his brother’s child. Once outside, Dumes shot at the house multiple times, before getting in his car and driving off, according to the affidavit. Dumes’ 1-year-old nephew was inside the home when the shots were fired.
According to RTV6, his trial is set for Mar. 27.
Dumes, finished his playing career at Indiana in 2010, has had a criminal past before these two incidents. In May, he was accused of beating his ex-girlfriend. He is also facing charges of battery and domestic battery.
Dumes averaged 12.7 points per game as a junior for the Hoosiers.
May 25, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
Will Maker ever make it to college?
May 24, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT
Arizona State’s “Curtain of Distraction” made an appearance as well.
May 24, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
The last two decades were a special time for the Donovan family, who thanked the supporters who helped make it all possible.
Minneapolis EYBL Day 1: Harry Giles continues impressive spring, Dennis Smith and De’Aaron Fox battle
May 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
The final session of the Nike EYBL tipped in Minneapolis on Saturday.
May 24, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Pitt added a big man who can play right away next season.
May 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two of the best in the 2016 class battle in the Under Armour Association.
May 24, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Already thin at the point, the situation becomes even tougher for first-year head coach Chris Mullin if this turns out to be the case.
May 23, 2015, 9:51 PM EDT
A Big 12 and a Big Ten program are among those due who have reached out to the 7-foot-2 Fairfield Prep (Connecticut) product.
May 23, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Colorado’s Tad Boyle doesn’t like the proposed shot clock change, and he made a good point about the physical nature of college basketball today.
May 23, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Les led the Aggies to a school-record (Division I era) 25 wins and their first Big West regular season title last season.
May 23, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Noah Dickerson had previously committed to Georgetown and Florida.
May 23, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The former Wolverine could remain in the Big Ten.
May 23, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin big man averaged 16.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in his last two seasons.
May 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The sophomore guard missed the final 12 games of the season.
May 23, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He is the younger brother of former UCLA Bruin Shabazz Muhammad.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Nevada landed an impact transfer that could help at guard after next season.
May 22, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona will have some intriguing home-and-home games to go along with an in-season tournament.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander might have returned for his sophomore season if the NCAA had not been involved.
May 22, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Kentucky promoted a familiar face for the open assistant spot.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Nebraska loses a commitment who could be headed elsewhere soon.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)