Jan 30, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Julius Randle completed his third of five official visits this past weekend.
The Prestonwood Christian (Tex.) power forward is the top available senior not named Andrew Wiggins, and was at North Carolina State last weekend for the Wolfpack’s win against in-state rival North Carolina. The prized recruit, who has previously visited Florida and Kentucky enjoyed his time in Raleigh, according to Eric Bossi of Rivals.com
“I got there late Thursday night and overall I think it was my best visit yet so far as official visits go,” Randle told Bossi on Sunday. “I got to hang out with Rodney (Purvis) a lot and he’s one of my best friends. So that was good.”
Mark Gottfried has already signed two big men for next year’s class, BeeJay Anya (DeMatha Catholic/Germantown, Md.) and Kyle Washington (Brewster Academy/Champlin, Minn.), however Randle likes how the Wolfpack’s style suits his game.
“A lot of schools tell you about how their system fits you or how they will change it to fit you once you get there,” said Randle. “But, their system already fits me without having to change anything and they showed me that on film while I was there.”
The 6-foot-9 Randle has been out of action since November with a foot injury, one of two devastating injuries Prestonwood has dealt with this season — Mickey Mitchell, one of the nation’s top sophomores has been out with an ACL tear.
Randle told Rivals he hopes to be ready for postseason showcases such as the McDonald’s All-American game, and Jordan Brand Classic.
In the meantime, Randle will take his final two visits in the month of February to Texas and Kansas.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)