Jan 30, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Ohio’s scheduled game with Eastern Michigan has been cancelled due to the presence of a gunman on the campus.
This morning, there was a report of an armed robbery on campus. The campus was closed around noon when the gunman had yet to be apprehended, and around 2:00 p.m. ET, the university’s twitter feed sent out the following tweet:
— Ohio University (@ohiou) January 30, 2013
According to Jason Arkley of the Athens Messenger, a woman was robbed at gunpoint for five dollars.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)