Jan 30, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Ohio’s scheduled game with Eastern Michigan has been cancelled due to the presence of a gunman on the campus.
This morning, there was a report of an armed robbery on campus. The campus was closed around noon when the gunman had yet to be apprehended, and around 2:00 p.m. ET, the university’s twitter feed sent out the following tweet:
— Ohio University (@ohiou) January 30, 2013
According to Jason Arkley of the Athens Messenger, a woman was robbed at gunpoint for five dollars.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 6
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 68
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 16
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (68)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)