Jan 30, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
In today’s Morning Mix, Troy featured a video of Ra’Shad James, a leaper from Northwood (NAIA) University that can flat out fly.
The video was sent around by the coaches from Northwood as they try to get him sent to Atlanta to partake in the college dunk contest.
I’ll co-sign that, just like I’ll co-sign Justin Glover of Winston Salem-State.
Two weeks ago in a 12 point win over Elizabeth City State — which sounds like it should exist in Ancient Greece — Justin Glover went between-the-legs to put an exclamation point on the victory. Oh yes, there’s video:
The best part is this bit from the write-up on the WSSU site (emphasis mine):
Justin Glover would finish WSSU’s scoring on a between the legs monster dunk, the same one he missed earlier in the game during a crucial stretch. But this time he brought down the loud and boisterous crowd in the hot and steam CE Gaines Center.
So he already missed a between-the-legs dunk in the game, during a “crucial stretch”, but still had the intestinal fortitude to try it during the game a second time?
Yeah, this kid needs to be at the college dunk contest.
Who knows what he’ll try.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)