Jan 30, 2013, 11:58 AM EST
In today’s Morning Mix, Troy featured a video of Ra’Shad James, a leaper from Northwood (NAIA) University that can flat out fly.
The video was sent around by the coaches from Northwood as they try to get him sent to Atlanta to partake in the college dunk contest.
I’ll co-sign that, just like I’ll co-sign Justin Glover of Winston Salem-State.
Two weeks ago in a 12 point win over Elizabeth City State — which sounds like it should exist in Ancient Greece — Justin Glover went between-the-legs to put an exclamation point on the victory. Oh yes, there’s video:
The best part is this bit from the write-up on the WSSU site (emphasis mine):
Justin Glover would finish WSSU’s scoring on a between the legs monster dunk, the same one he missed earlier in the game during a crucial stretch. But this time he brought down the loud and boisterous crowd in the hot and steam CE Gaines Center.
So he already missed a between-the-legs dunk in the game, during a “crucial stretch”, but still had the intestinal fortitude to try it during the game a second time?
Yeah, this kid needs to be at the college dunk contest.
Who knows what he’ll try.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Texas hangs on to beat No. 14 North Carolina in Chapel Hill 3
- The Chase for 180: Nic Moore’s hot start 0
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season 6
- Memphis loss shouldn’t feed narrative about Josh Pastner, big games 0
- Casey Prather’s star turn a boon for Florida 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (20)
- Kentucky is a flawed team, but does that mean they can’t contend? (12)
- WATCH: Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson unloads in press conference (8)
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season (6)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (5)