Jan 30, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
In today’s Morning Mix, Troy featured a video of Ra’Shad James, a leaper from Northwood (NAIA) University that can flat out fly.
The video was sent around by the coaches from Northwood as they try to get him sent to Atlanta to partake in the college dunk contest.
I’ll co-sign that, just like I’ll co-sign Justin Glover of Winston Salem-State.
Two weeks ago in a 12 point win over Elizabeth City State — which sounds like it should exist in Ancient Greece — Justin Glover went between-the-legs to put an exclamation point on the victory. Oh yes, there’s video:
The best part is this bit from the write-up on the WSSU site (emphasis mine):
Justin Glover would finish WSSU’s scoring on a between the legs monster dunk, the same one he missed earlier in the game during a crucial stretch. But this time he brought down the loud and boisterous crowd in the hot and steam CE Gaines Center.
So he already missed a between-the-legs dunk in the game, during a “crucial stretch”, but still had the intestinal fortitude to try it during the game a second time?
Yeah, this kid needs to be at the college dunk contest.
Who knows what he’ll try.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)