Jan 30, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
In today’s Morning Mix, Troy featured a video of Ra’Shad James, a leaper from Northwood (NAIA) University that can flat out fly.
The video was sent around by the coaches from Northwood as they try to get him sent to Atlanta to partake in the college dunk contest.
I’ll co-sign that, just like I’ll co-sign Justin Glover of Winston Salem-State.
Two weeks ago in a 12 point win over Elizabeth City State — which sounds like it should exist in Ancient Greece — Justin Glover went between-the-legs to put an exclamation point on the victory. Oh yes, there’s video:
The best part is this bit from the write-up on the WSSU site (emphasis mine):
Justin Glover would finish WSSU’s scoring on a between the legs monster dunk, the same one he missed earlier in the game during a crucial stretch. But this time he brought down the loud and boisterous crowd in the hot and steam CE Gaines Center.
So he already missed a between-the-legs dunk in the game, during a “crucial stretch”, but still had the intestinal fortitude to try it during the game a second time?
Yeah, this kid needs to be at the college dunk contest.
Who knows what he’ll try.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)