Jan 30, 2013, 11:58 AM EDT
In today’s Morning Mix, Troy featured a video of Ra’Shad James, a leaper from Northwood (NAIA) University that can flat out fly.
The video was sent around by the coaches from Northwood as they try to get him sent to Atlanta to partake in the college dunk contest.
I’ll co-sign that, just like I’ll co-sign Justin Glover of Winston Salem-State.
Two weeks ago in a 12 point win over Elizabeth City State — which sounds like it should exist in Ancient Greece — Justin Glover went between-the-legs to put an exclamation point on the victory. Oh yes, there’s video:
The best part is this bit from the write-up on the WSSU site (emphasis mine):
Justin Glover would finish WSSU’s scoring on a between the legs monster dunk, the same one he missed earlier in the game during a crucial stretch. But this time he brought down the loud and boisterous crowd in the hot and steam CE Gaines Center.
So he already missed a between-the-legs dunk in the game, during a “crucial stretch”, but still had the intestinal fortitude to try it during the game a second time?
Yeah, this kid needs to be at the college dunk contest.
Who knows what he’ll try.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)