Jan 30, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
For the fourth time in the past two years — and for the second time in the span of a week — Michael Snaer has hit a game-winning three-pointer in ACC play.
After cutting Maryland’s lead to 71-70 with a jumper with just 46 seconds left on the clock, Snaer found himself wide-open in the corner after an Ian Miller drive, knocking down a three-pointer to put the Seminoles up 73-71 with just 1.1 seconds left on the clock:
Snaer’s shot will get the publicity — hence, this post — but credit must be given to Miller. He took on three defenders, drew the attention, and threw a perfect pass to Snaer while falling down. Snaer took a set shot with tons of time and space. Miller made it easy.
Dez Wells got a pretty good look, considering the circumstances, at a three at the other end that missed everything, and Florida State escaped with the win.
The win allows the Seminoles to stay just a game out of second place in the ACC while keeping their hopes of an NCAA tournament bid alive, while the loss drops Maryland to 3-5 in ACC play and, essentially, out of bubble contention unless something drastic happens.
Snaer finished with 19 points, four boards and four assists, and while he hasn’t been the all-american that everyone expected him to be this season, he’s single-handedly managed to keep Florida State’s tournament hopes alive. Last Thursday, Snaer banked in a three pointer to beat Clemson at the buzzer.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)