Jan 30, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
For the fourth time in the past two years — and for the second time in the span of a week — Michael Snaer has hit a game-winning three-pointer in ACC play.
After cutting Maryland’s lead to 71-70 with a jumper with just 46 seconds left on the clock, Snaer found himself wide-open in the corner after an Ian Miller drive, knocking down a three-pointer to put the Seminoles up 73-71 with just 1.1 seconds left on the clock:
Snaer’s shot will get the publicity — hence, this post — but credit must be given to Miller. He took on three defenders, drew the attention, and threw a perfect pass to Snaer while falling down. Snaer took a set shot with tons of time and space. Miller made it easy.
Dez Wells got a pretty good look, considering the circumstances, at a three at the other end that missed everything, and Florida State escaped with the win.
The win allows the Seminoles to stay just a game out of second place in the ACC while keeping their hopes of an NCAA tournament bid alive, while the loss drops Maryland to 3-5 in ACC play and, essentially, out of bubble contention unless something drastic happens.
Snaer finished with 19 points, four boards and four assists, and while he hasn’t been the all-american that everyone expected him to be this season, he’s single-handedly managed to keep Florida State’s tournament hopes alive. Last Thursday, Snaer banked in a three pointer to beat Clemson at the buzzer.
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)