Jan 31, 2013, 2:12 PM EST
Wake Forest will celebrate Chris Paul day on March 2nd when they host Maryland where they will retire his No. 3 jersey.
Paul, who grew up 10 minutes from the campus in the small town Lewisville, played for two seasons in Winston-Salem before heading to the NBA. He was named the ACC’s Rookie of the Year as a freshman after averaging 14.9 points and 5.6 assists while leading the Demon Deacons to the Sweet 16. He followed that up with an all-american sophomore campaign while leading Wake to a school-record 27 wins and the first No. 1 national ranking in program history.
The last Wake Forest player to have their number retired was Josh Howard. Paul will be the 11th Wake Forest player to have a number retired. Can you name the other nine? (Hint: Four should be easy. More than that, and you’re really good.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)