Jan 31, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Wake Forest will celebrate Chris Paul day on March 2nd when they host Maryland where they will retire his No. 3 jersey.
Paul, who grew up 10 minutes from the campus in the small town Lewisville, played for two seasons in Winston-Salem before heading to the NBA. He was named the ACC’s Rookie of the Year as a freshman after averaging 14.9 points and 5.6 assists while leading the Demon Deacons to the Sweet 16. He followed that up with an all-american sophomore campaign while leading Wake to a school-record 27 wins and the first No. 1 national ranking in program history.
The last Wake Forest player to have their number retired was Josh Howard. Paul will be the 11th Wake Forest player to have a number retired. Can you name the other nine? (Hint: Four should be easy. More than that, and you’re really good.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1