Jan 31, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Wake Forest will celebrate Chris Paul day on March 2nd when they host Maryland where they will retire his No. 3 jersey.
Paul, who grew up 10 minutes from the campus in the small town Lewisville, played for two seasons in Winston-Salem before heading to the NBA. He was named the ACC’s Rookie of the Year as a freshman after averaging 14.9 points and 5.6 assists while leading the Demon Deacons to the Sweet 16. He followed that up with an all-american sophomore campaign while leading Wake to a school-record 27 wins and the first No. 1 national ranking in program history.
The last Wake Forest player to have their number retired was Josh Howard. Paul will be the 11th Wake Forest player to have a number retired. Can you name the other nine? (Hint: Four should be easy. More than that, and you’re really good.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 4
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)