Jan 31, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Wake Forest will celebrate Chris Paul day on March 2nd when they host Maryland where they will retire his No. 3 jersey.
Paul, who grew up 10 minutes from the campus in the small town Lewisville, played for two seasons in Winston-Salem before heading to the NBA. He was named the ACC’s Rookie of the Year as a freshman after averaging 14.9 points and 5.6 assists while leading the Demon Deacons to the Sweet 16. He followed that up with an all-american sophomore campaign while leading Wake to a school-record 27 wins and the first No. 1 national ranking in program history.
The last Wake Forest player to have their number retired was Josh Howard. Paul will be the 11th Wake Forest player to have a number retired. Can you name the other nine? (Hint: Four should be easy. More than that, and you’re really good.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT