Jan 31, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Wake Forest will celebrate Chris Paul day on March 2nd when they host Maryland where they will retire his No. 3 jersey.
Paul, who grew up 10 minutes from the campus in the small town Lewisville, played for two seasons in Winston-Salem before heading to the NBA. He was named the ACC’s Rookie of the Year as a freshman after averaging 14.9 points and 5.6 assists while leading the Demon Deacons to the Sweet 16. He followed that up with an all-american sophomore campaign while leading Wake to a school-record 27 wins and the first No. 1 national ranking in program history.
The last Wake Forest player to have their number retired was Josh Howard. Paul will be the 11th Wake Forest player to have a number retired. Can you name the other nine? (Hint: Four should be easy. More than that, and you’re really good.)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Aug 1, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Iowa is hoping for improvement from a sophomore forward who showed promise this summer.
Aug 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
This Wisconsin rap battle is starting to spread.
Aug 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
There will be 39 college counselors playing at adidas Nations this weekend.
Aug 1, 2015, 8:52 AM EDT
Is this an addition for depth, or should Kentucky be concerned about another center?
Aug 1, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
Kentucky continues to add international pieces to its latest recruiting class.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Markelle Fultz was one of the best players during the July live evaluation period.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Duke gets a huge official visit in late August from a five-star guard.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
LaMelo Ball, a 13-year-old guard, committed to UCLA like his two older brothers.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Michigan State sophomore guard Javon Bess will try to stay healthy and in the rotation next season.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Both are perimeter players, giving the Spiders additional depth moving forward.
Jul 31, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
McLaughlin de-committed from Washington in mid-May, but the Huskies remain in the mix.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
The injunction would have allowed current and future players to be compensated for the uses of their names, images and likenesses.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
The two programs are ranked first and third, respectively, on the NCAA all-time wins list.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
Louisville, NC State, St. John’s and West Virginia remain in the running for his pledge.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Powell’s recruiting profile has risen thanks to the way he’s played throughout the summer.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
With Jarrod Uthoff and Adam Woodbury being seniors, having two front court commits in 2016 is good news for the Hawkeyes.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
The Cardinal need to account for the loss of their top three scorers (and top two rebounders) from last season’s NIT champion team.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
The Crusaders are getting back the league’s defensive player of the year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Tyndall’s one NCAA tournament win sure was memorable.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
The cousin of former Pitt forward Chevon Troutman has developed into a quality recruit himself.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)