Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Ole Miss announced that sophomore forward Aaron Jones will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his knee in Tuesday’s loss to Kentucky.
Jones was chasing down a ballhandler when he feet got tangled up and his knee buckled as he tried to avoid falling.
Jones was the first front court player off the bench for the Rebels. He was averaging 3.5 points and 4.1 boards on the season. With Ole Mis already without Demarco Cox, Andy Kennedy will be heading to Gainesville for the biggest game of the season with just two front court rotation players left.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)