Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
Ole Miss announced that sophomore forward Aaron Jones will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his knee in Tuesday’s loss to Kentucky.
Jones was chasing down a ballhandler when he feet got tangled up and his knee buckled as he tried to avoid falling.
Jones was the first front court player off the bench for the Rebels. He was averaging 3.5 points and 4.1 boards on the season. With Ole Mis already without Demarco Cox, Andy Kennedy will be heading to Gainesville for the biggest game of the season with just two front court rotation players left.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 0
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)