Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Ole Miss announced that sophomore forward Aaron Jones will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his knee in Tuesday’s loss to Kentucky.
Jones was chasing down a ballhandler when he feet got tangled up and his knee buckled as he tried to avoid falling.
Jones was the first front court player off the bench for the Rebels. He was averaging 3.5 points and 4.1 boards on the season. With Ole Mis already without Demarco Cox, Andy Kennedy will be heading to Gainesville for the biggest game of the season with just two front court rotation players left.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)