Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Ole Miss announced that sophomore forward Aaron Jones will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his knee in Tuesday’s loss to Kentucky.
Jones was chasing down a ballhandler when he feet got tangled up and his knee buckled as he tried to avoid falling.
Jones was the first front court player off the bench for the Rebels. He was averaging 3.5 points and 4.1 boards on the season. With Ole Mis already without Demarco Cox, Andy Kennedy will be heading to Gainesville for the biggest game of the season with just two front court rotation players left.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)