Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Ole Miss announced that sophomore forward Aaron Jones will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his knee in Tuesday’s loss to Kentucky.
Jones was chasing down a ballhandler when he feet got tangled up and his knee buckled as he tried to avoid falling.
Jones was the first front court player off the bench for the Rebels. He was averaging 3.5 points and 4.1 boards on the season. With Ole Mis already without Demarco Cox, Andy Kennedy will be heading to Gainesville for the biggest game of the season with just two front court rotation players left.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)