Jan 31, 2013, 10:44 PM EST
Middle Tennessee State erased a 17 point halftime deficit on the road to beat Florida International 66-64, and they did it in exciting fashion: a buzzer-beating lob on an out-of-bounds play under the basket:
That’s 6-foot-8 junior Shawn Jones tipping in the game-winner.
And that bucket from Jones means that the Blue Raiders still have just one loss in league play and a chance to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament should they miss out on the automatic bid from the Sun Belt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)