Jan 31, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
Middle Tennessee State erased a 17 point halftime deficit on the road to beat Florida International 66-64, and they did it in exciting fashion: a buzzer-beating lob on an out-of-bounds play under the basket:
That’s 6-foot-8 junior Shawn Jones tipping in the game-winner.
And that bucket from Jones means that the Blue Raiders still have just one loss in league play and a chance to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament should they miss out on the automatic bid from the Sun Belt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)