Jan 31, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
Middle Tennessee State erased a 17 point halftime deficit on the road to beat Florida International 66-64, and they did it in exciting fashion: a buzzer-beating lob on an out-of-bounds play under the basket:
That’s 6-foot-8 junior Shawn Jones tipping in the game-winner.
And that bucket from Jones means that the Blue Raiders still have just one loss in league play and a chance to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament should they miss out on the automatic bid from the Sun Belt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)