Jan 31, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
Middle Tennessee State erased a 17 point halftime deficit on the road to beat Florida International 66-64, and they did it in exciting fashion: a buzzer-beating lob on an out-of-bounds play under the basket:
That’s 6-foot-8 junior Shawn Jones tipping in the game-winner.
And that bucket from Jones means that the Blue Raiders still have just one loss in league play and a chance to earn an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament should they miss out on the automatic bid from the Sun Belt.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)