Feb 1, 2013, 4:52 PM EDT
The ACC is returning to the Greensboro Coliseum this March, the first of three straight years, to hold its conference tournament. After that, the ever-expanding ACC is looking to take its annual tournament elsewhere.
Friday afternoon, Brett McMurphy of ESPN reported that the ACC is interested in holding its conference championship tournament in New York’s Madison Square Garden or Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in the future.
However, the ACC may wait for quiet some time before they schedule a weekend trip to the Big Apple. According to McMurphy, neither MSG or Barclays Center submitted a bid to host the ACC tournament from 2016-2021 during the September deadline.
Following the 2014-2015 season, the ACC will decide on whether it will continue to play in Greensboro through 2021 or pick a different location. Washington, D.C., Tampa, and Atlanta are all being considered as possible destinations. Although, the ACC will play in the Philips Arena and not the Georgia Dome if the move is to Atlanta. The ACC wants a traditional basketball arena, as the Georgia Dome was eliminated from contention along with Orlando, Miami, and Pittsburgh, according to ESPN.
Philips Arena and the Verizon Center in D.C. have each hosted the ACC tournament once.
The Barclays Center is slated to host the Atlantic 10 conference tournament until 2017. Back in October, the Big East and Madison Square Garden agreed to a 10-year deal, adding six more years to the current one which runs out in 2016. However, as the Big East dwindles day-by-day, “The World’s Most Famous Arena” may be up for grabs in the near future.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)