Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Louisville snapped a three-game losing skip with a 64-61 win against Pittsburgh on Monday. While the Cardinals are getting back on track since a forgettable week, Pitino’s club got some more good news days before a top-25 matchup.
Pitino announced that sophomore forward Wayne Blackshear would be ready to Sunday’s game against No. 25 Marquette, according to the Courier-Journal during his Friday press conference. Blackshear was sidelined for only one game with a right shoulder injury, which he suffered in practice on Sunday.
“He went though individuals (drills) today, he’ll practice today and tomorrow, he will play on Sunday, how much I’m not sure,” said Pitino.
Blackshear is averaging 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds. Kevin Ware was also out of action on Monday after being suspended indefinitely. The sophomore guard returned to practice on Thursday, yet the Cards could still be down a guard on Sunday.
“Whether he’ll play or not, remains to be seen,” said Pitino.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)