Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Louisville snapped a three-game losing skip with a 64-61 win against Pittsburgh on Monday. While the Cardinals are getting back on track since a forgettable week, Pitino’s club got some more good news days before a top-25 matchup.
Pitino announced that sophomore forward Wayne Blackshear would be ready to Sunday’s game against No. 25 Marquette, according to the Courier-Journal during his Friday press conference. Blackshear was sidelined for only one game with a right shoulder injury, which he suffered in practice on Sunday.
“He went though individuals (drills) today, he’ll practice today and tomorrow, he will play on Sunday, how much I’m not sure,” said Pitino.
Blackshear is averaging 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds. Kevin Ware was also out of action on Monday after being suspended indefinitely. The sophomore guard returned to practice on Thursday, yet the Cards could still be down a guard on Sunday.
“Whether he’ll play or not, remains to be seen,” said Pitino.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)