Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EST
Louisville snapped a three-game losing skip with a 64-61 win against Pittsburgh on Monday. While the Cardinals are getting back on track since a forgettable week, Pitino’s club got some more good news days before a top-25 matchup.
Pitino announced that sophomore forward Wayne Blackshear would be ready to Sunday’s game against No. 25 Marquette, according to the Courier-Journal during his Friday press conference. Blackshear was sidelined for only one game with a right shoulder injury, which he suffered in practice on Sunday.
“He went though individuals (drills) today, he’ll practice today and tomorrow, he will play on Sunday, how much I’m not sure,” said Pitino.
Blackshear is averaging 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds. Kevin Ware was also out of action on Monday after being suspended indefinitely. The sophomore guard returned to practice on Thursday, yet the Cards could still be down a guard on Sunday.
“Whether he’ll play or not, remains to be seen,” said Pitino.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 0
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 2
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)