Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Louisville snapped a three-game losing skip with a 64-61 win against Pittsburgh on Monday. While the Cardinals are getting back on track since a forgettable week, Pitino’s club got some more good news days before a top-25 matchup.
Pitino announced that sophomore forward Wayne Blackshear would be ready to Sunday’s game against No. 25 Marquette, according to the Courier-Journal during his Friday press conference. Blackshear was sidelined for only one game with a right shoulder injury, which he suffered in practice on Sunday.
“He went though individuals (drills) today, he’ll practice today and tomorrow, he will play on Sunday, how much I’m not sure,” said Pitino.
Blackshear is averaging 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds. Kevin Ware was also out of action on Monday after being suspended indefinitely. The sophomore guard returned to practice on Thursday, yet the Cards could still be down a guard on Sunday.
“Whether he’ll play or not, remains to be seen,” said Pitino.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)