Feb 1, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Louisville snapped a three-game losing skip with a 64-61 win against Pittsburgh on Monday. While the Cardinals are getting back on track since a forgettable week, Pitino’s club got some more good news days before a top-25 matchup.
Pitino announced that sophomore forward Wayne Blackshear would be ready to Sunday’s game against No. 25 Marquette, according to the Courier-Journal during his Friday press conference. Blackshear was sidelined for only one game with a right shoulder injury, which he suffered in practice on Sunday.
“He went though individuals (drills) today, he’ll practice today and tomorrow, he will play on Sunday, how much I’m not sure,” said Pitino.
Blackshear is averaging 9.2 points and 3.9 rebounds. Kevin Ware was also out of action on Monday after being suspended indefinitely. The sophomore guard returned to practice on Thursday, yet the Cards could still be down a guard on Sunday.
“Whether he’ll play or not, remains to be seen,” said Pitino.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)