Feb 2, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Arch Madness officially refers to the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, held annually in St. Louis. But a little bit of the magic seems to have rubbed off on St. Louis, the team, even though they play in the Atlantic 10 and are usually on the East Coast come March.
The Billikens followed up their upset of No. 9 Butler earlier this week with an absolute drilling of the Dayton Flyers. Forward Rob Loe had 17 points for St. Louis in the 81-52 win, which played out in front of a home crowd at Chaifetz Arena. He was joined in double figures by Dwayne Evans (15 points), Kwamain Mitchell (12) and Jordair Jett (11).
St. Louis is 5-2, having lost only to Temple and Rhode Island in league play. Pending the weekend’s results, that puts the Billikens atop the A-10 alongside Charlotte, VCU and Xavier.
Watch the video below for highlights of the blowout win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)