Feb 2, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Arch Madness officially refers to the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, held annually in St. Louis. But a little bit of the magic seems to have rubbed off on St. Louis, the team, even though they play in the Atlantic 10 and are usually on the East Coast come March.
The Billikens followed up their upset of No. 9 Butler earlier this week with an absolute drilling of the Dayton Flyers. Forward Rob Loe had 17 points for St. Louis in the 81-52 win, which played out in front of a home crowd at Chaifetz Arena. He was joined in double figures by Dwayne Evans (15 points), Kwamain Mitchell (12) and Jordair Jett (11).
St. Louis is 5-2, having lost only to Temple and Rhode Island in league play. Pending the weekend’s results, that puts the Billikens atop the A-10 alongside Charlotte, VCU and Xavier.
Watch the video below for highlights of the blowout win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)