Feb 2, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Arch Madness officially refers to the Missouri Valley Conference tournament, held annually in St. Louis. But a little bit of the magic seems to have rubbed off on St. Louis, the team, even though they play in the Atlantic 10 and are usually on the East Coast come March.
The Billikens followed up their upset of No. 9 Butler earlier this week with an absolute drilling of the Dayton Flyers. Forward Rob Loe had 17 points for St. Louis in the 81-52 win, which played out in front of a home crowd at Chaifetz Arena. He was joined in double figures by Dwayne Evans (15 points), Kwamain Mitchell (12) and Jordair Jett (11).
St. Louis is 5-2, having lost only to Temple and Rhode Island in league play. Pending the weekend’s results, that puts the Billikens atop the A-10 alongside Charlotte, VCU and Xavier.
Watch the video below for highlights of the blowout win.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)