Feb 4, 2013, 1:14 PM EST
Devastating news coming out of Irvine, Calif., today as it is being reported that an assistant coach on the Cal State-Fullerton’s women’s team was murdered on Sunday night. From Steve Chen of the Big West Conference:
Dang… Sad day.Confirmed that #CSF WBB assistant Monica Quan murdered over the weekend with her fiance.
— Steve Chen (@BigWestMD) February 4, 2013
“It doesn’t appear they were robbed,” Irvine Police Lt. Julia Engen told the Orange County Register. “There’s no obvious motive.”
Thoughts and prayers go out to Quan’s family and friends, as well as the entire CSF program.
Here is CSF’s statement:
“We can confirm that the information we have at this time indicates that Cal State Fullerton Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach Monica Quan was a victim in what law enforcement is characterizing as an apparent double homicide in Irvine.
The loss of any member of the Titan family causes our community great grief, but the loss of one of our own under these circumstances is indeed tragic and heartwrenching.
We hope that Monica’s family and friends will feel and be comforted by our support during this difficult time. Counselors will be working with our staff and student-athletes as we all begin to struggle with the suddenness of losing such a special member of our university.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 3
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)