Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When San Diego visited Loyola Marymount on Monday, all the attention fell on LMU’s Anthony Ireland and USD’s Johnny Dee.
Two talented players, two fantastic names, one court.
It was quintessential mid-major hoops.
But Dee injured his ankle, and thus when the game went to overtime, the onus fell on his diminutive back court mate Christopher Anderson.
And the 5-foot-7 Anderson delivered, taking a missed Ireland free throw coast-to-coast for a swopping, up-and-under layup with 0.2 seconds left to give the Toreros a 69-68 win in overtime and snap a four-game losing streak:
Anderson finished with 13 points, seven boards and seven assists on the game.
The only problem? The play-by-play guy blew a terrific opportunity to drop a “HELLOOOO, MISTER ANDERSON!”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)