Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When San Diego visited Loyola Marymount on Monday, all the attention fell on LMU’s Anthony Ireland and USD’s Johnny Dee.
Two talented players, two fantastic names, one court.
It was quintessential mid-major hoops.
But Dee injured his ankle, and thus when the game went to overtime, the onus fell on his diminutive back court mate Christopher Anderson.
And the 5-foot-7 Anderson delivered, taking a missed Ireland free throw coast-to-coast for a swopping, up-and-under layup with 0.2 seconds left to give the Toreros a 69-68 win in overtime and snap a four-game losing streak:
Anderson finished with 13 points, seven boards and seven assists on the game.
The only problem? The play-by-play guy blew a terrific opportunity to drop a “HELLOOOO, MISTER ANDERSON!”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)