Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When San Diego visited Loyola Marymount on Monday, all the attention fell on LMU’s Anthony Ireland and USD’s Johnny Dee.
Two talented players, two fantastic names, one court.
It was quintessential mid-major hoops.
But Dee injured his ankle, and thus when the game went to overtime, the onus fell on his diminutive back court mate Christopher Anderson.
And the 5-foot-7 Anderson delivered, taking a missed Ireland free throw coast-to-coast for a swopping, up-and-under layup with 0.2 seconds left to give the Toreros a 69-68 win in overtime and snap a four-game losing streak:
Anderson finished with 13 points, seven boards and seven assists on the game.
The only problem? The play-by-play guy blew a terrific opportunity to drop a “HELLOOOO, MISTER ANDERSON!”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (40)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)