Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When San Diego visited Loyola Marymount on Monday, all the attention fell on LMU’s Anthony Ireland and USD’s Johnny Dee.
Two talented players, two fantastic names, one court.
It was quintessential mid-major hoops.
But Dee injured his ankle, and thus when the game went to overtime, the onus fell on his diminutive back court mate Christopher Anderson.
And the 5-foot-7 Anderson delivered, taking a missed Ireland free throw coast-to-coast for a swopping, up-and-under layup with 0.2 seconds left to give the Toreros a 69-68 win in overtime and snap a four-game losing streak:
Anderson finished with 13 points, seven boards and seven assists on the game.
The only problem? The play-by-play guy blew a terrific opportunity to drop a “HELLOOOO, MISTER ANDERSON!”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)