Feb 5, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When San Diego visited Loyola Marymount on Monday, all the attention fell on LMU’s Anthony Ireland and USD’s Johnny Dee.
Two talented players, two fantastic names, one court.
It was quintessential mid-major hoops.
But Dee injured his ankle, and thus when the game went to overtime, the onus fell on his diminutive back court mate Christopher Anderson.
And the 5-foot-7 Anderson delivered, taking a missed Ireland free throw coast-to-coast for a swopping, up-and-under layup with 0.2 seconds left to give the Toreros a 69-68 win in overtime and snap a four-game losing streak:
Anderson finished with 13 points, seven boards and seven assists on the game.
The only problem? The play-by-play guy blew a terrific opportunity to drop a “HELLOOOO, MISTER ANDERSON!”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)