Feb 5, 2013, 11:37 PM EST
For the third time in the last two weeks — and the fifth time in the past two seasons — Florida State star Michael Snaer hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in ACC play.
This one was different.
Instead of drilling a spot-up three, Snaer actually beat two Georgia Tech defenders off the dribble before hitting a swooping, one-handed finger-roll off the glass at the buzzer.
Shades of George Gervin here, folks:
Snaer finished with 15 points, four boards and four assists. But more importantly, the win means that the Seminoles are now 5-4 in ACC play and still have slim hopes of making it to the NCAA tournament. And that’s pretty much all a result of Snaer.
Florida State has lost four of their last seven games. The three games they won? Those were all on game-winning buckets from Snaer. Without those three shots, where is Florida State right now?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)