Feb 5, 2013, 11:37 PM EST
For the third time in the last two weeks — and the fifth time in the past two seasons — Florida State star Michael Snaer hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in ACC play.
This one was different.
Instead of drilling a spot-up three, Snaer actually beat two Georgia Tech defenders off the dribble before hitting a swooping, one-handed finger-roll off the glass at the buzzer.
Shades of George Gervin here, folks:
Snaer finished with 15 points, four boards and four assists. But more importantly, the win means that the Seminoles are now 5-4 in ACC play and still have slim hopes of making it to the NCAA tournament. And that’s pretty much all a result of Snaer.
Florida State has lost four of their last seven games. The three games they won? Those were all on game-winning buckets from Snaer. Without those three shots, where is Florida State right now?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 1
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 3
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 4
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season (4)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game (3)