Feb 5, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
For the third time in the last two weeks — and the fifth time in the past two seasons — Florida State star Michael Snaer hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in ACC play.
This one was different.
Instead of drilling a spot-up three, Snaer actually beat two Georgia Tech defenders off the dribble before hitting a swooping, one-handed finger-roll off the glass at the buzzer.
Shades of George Gervin here, folks:
Snaer finished with 15 points, four boards and four assists. But more importantly, the win means that the Seminoles are now 5-4 in ACC play and still have slim hopes of making it to the NCAA tournament. And that’s pretty much all a result of Snaer.
Florida State has lost four of their last seven games. The three games they won? Those were all on game-winning buckets from Snaer. Without those three shots, where is Florida State right now?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)