Feb 5, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
For the third time in the last two weeks — and the fifth time in the past two seasons — Florida State star Michael Snaer hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in ACC play.
This one was different.
Instead of drilling a spot-up three, Snaer actually beat two Georgia Tech defenders off the dribble before hitting a swooping, one-handed finger-roll off the glass at the buzzer.
Shades of George Gervin here, folks:
Snaer finished with 15 points, four boards and four assists. But more importantly, the win means that the Seminoles are now 5-4 in ACC play and still have slim hopes of making it to the NCAA tournament. And that’s pretty much all a result of Snaer.
Florida State has lost four of their last seven games. The three games they won? Those were all on game-winning buckets from Snaer. Without those three shots, where is Florida State right now?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)