Feb 5, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
For the third time in the last two weeks — and the fifth time in the past two seasons — Florida State star Michael Snaer hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in ACC play.
This one was different.
Instead of drilling a spot-up three, Snaer actually beat two Georgia Tech defenders off the dribble before hitting a swooping, one-handed finger-roll off the glass at the buzzer.
Shades of George Gervin here, folks:
Snaer finished with 15 points, four boards and four assists. But more importantly, the win means that the Seminoles are now 5-4 in ACC play and still have slim hopes of making it to the NCAA tournament. And that’s pretty much all a result of Snaer.
Florida State has lost four of their last seven games. The three games they won? Those were all on game-winning buckets from Snaer. Without those three shots, where is Florida State right now?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)