Feb 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
Northern Illinois head coach announced on Tuesday that freshman Akeem Springs has left the program.
“Akeem Springs has left the Northern Illinois basketball team for personal and family reasons,” said Montgomery. “We wish Akeem all the best in the future.”
Springs was averaging 7.7 points and 2.9 boards this season.
The Huskies are just 5-15 this season and have twice set an NCAA record for the fewest points scored in a half. I wonder if either of those facts played a role in Springs’ decision to leave?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)