Feb 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
Northern Illinois head coach announced on Tuesday that freshman Akeem Springs has left the program.
“Akeem Springs has left the Northern Illinois basketball team for personal and family reasons,” said Montgomery. “We wish Akeem all the best in the future.”
Springs was averaging 7.7 points and 2.9 boards this season.
The Huskies are just 5-15 this season and have twice set an NCAA record for the fewest points scored in a half. I wonder if either of those facts played a role in Springs’ decision to leave?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)