Feb 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
Northern Illinois head coach announced on Tuesday that freshman Akeem Springs has left the program.
“Akeem Springs has left the Northern Illinois basketball team for personal and family reasons,” said Montgomery. “We wish Akeem all the best in the future.”
Springs was averaging 7.7 points and 2.9 boards this season.
The Huskies are just 5-15 this season and have twice set an NCAA record for the fewest points scored in a half. I wonder if either of those facts played a role in Springs’ decision to leave?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)