Feb 6, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
Northern Illinois head coach announced on Tuesday that freshman Akeem Springs has left the program.
“Akeem Springs has left the Northern Illinois basketball team for personal and family reasons,” said Montgomery. “We wish Akeem all the best in the future.”
Springs was averaging 7.7 points and 2.9 boards this season.
The Huskies are just 5-15 this season and have twice set an NCAA record for the fewest points scored in a half. I wonder if either of those facts played a role in Springs’ decision to leave?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)