Feb 6, 2013, 5:26 PM EST
Wichita State lost its third game in a row Tuesday night, falling to Southern Illinois, 64-62, after a Jalen Pendleton floater was blocked and called a goaltend. Was it, though?
Video has surfaced, embedded below, of the sequence, which sees Pendleton driving down the lane and putting up a layup before it was blocked by Ehimen Orukpe. Controversy ensued, but the call stood, making Wichita State 8-4 in the Missouri Valley and, if Creighton wins Wednesday, two games back of first place.
Take a look below. The action starts around the 0:11 mark:
Photo via SIU Athletics
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)