Feb 6, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
I would vote for Kansas Senator Michael O’Donnell if I lived in Kansas.
Because he wants to pass a law that requires Kansas and Kansas State to play Wichita State at least once a year in college hoops.
A Wichita resident, O’Donnell initially proposed the bill to include only Kansas and Wichita State, cutting state funding for the universities if they refused to play each other. But since he didn’t want it to seem punitive — and because I guess he wanted support from the good folks of Manhattan, KS — he eliminated the funding cuts and added the Wildcats.
Personally, I think O’Donnell needs to try to get a law on the books that requires an annual home-and-home between Kansas and Missouri, but that’s just me.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)