Feb 6, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
I would vote for Kansas Senator Michael O’Donnell if I lived in Kansas.
Because he wants to pass a law that requires Kansas and Kansas State to play Wichita State at least once a year in college hoops.
A Wichita resident, O’Donnell initially proposed the bill to include only Kansas and Wichita State, cutting state funding for the universities if they refused to play each other. But since he didn’t want it to seem punitive — and because I guess he wanted support from the good folks of Manhattan, KS — he eliminated the funding cuts and added the Wildcats.
Personally, I think O’Donnell needs to try to get a law on the books that requires an annual home-and-home between Kansas and Missouri, but that’s just me.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)