Feb 6, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
I would vote for Kansas Senator Michael O’Donnell if I lived in Kansas.
Because he wants to pass a law that requires Kansas and Kansas State to play Wichita State at least once a year in college hoops.
A Wichita resident, O’Donnell initially proposed the bill to include only Kansas and Wichita State, cutting state funding for the universities if they refused to play each other. But since he didn’t want it to seem punitive — and because I guess he wanted support from the good folks of Manhattan, KS — he eliminated the funding cuts and added the Wildcats.
Personally, I think O’Donnell needs to try to get a law on the books that requires an annual home-and-home between Kansas and Missouri, but that’s just me.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)