Feb 6, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
South Carolina State head coach Tim Carter has resigned, effectively immediately.
Associate head coach Murray Garvin (pictured) will take over in an interim role.
“We thank Coach Carter for his service as head men’s basketball coach at SC State and wish him well in his future endeavors,” AD Charlene Johnson said in a statement released by the school.
Carter was in his fifth season at the school, but his team was just 4-17 overall and 2-17 against Division I teams this season. They haven’t won a game since the end of November.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)