Feb 6, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
South Carolina State head coach Tim Carter has resigned, effectively immediately.
Associate head coach Murray Garvin (pictured) will take over in an interim role.
“We thank Coach Carter for his service as head men’s basketball coach at SC State and wish him well in his future endeavors,” AD Charlene Johnson said in a statement released by the school.
Carter was in his fifth season at the school, but his team was just 4-17 overall and 2-17 against Division I teams this season. They haven’t won a game since the end of November.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)