Feb 6, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
South Carolina State head coach Tim Carter has resigned, effectively immediately.
Associate head coach Murray Garvin (pictured) will take over in an interim role.
“We thank Coach Carter for his service as head men’s basketball coach at SC State and wish him well in his future endeavors,” AD Charlene Johnson said in a statement released by the school.
Carter was in his fifth season at the school, but his team was just 4-17 overall and 2-17 against Division I teams this season. They haven’t won a game since the end of November.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)