Feb 6, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
South Carolina State head coach Tim Carter has resigned, effectively immediately.
Associate head coach Murray Garvin (pictured) will take over in an interim role.
“We thank Coach Carter for his service as head men’s basketball coach at SC State and wish him well in his future endeavors,” AD Charlene Johnson said in a statement released by the school.
Carter was in his fifth season at the school, but his team was just 4-17 overall and 2-17 against Division I teams this season. They haven’t won a game since the end of November.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 1
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)