Feb 6, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
South Carolina State head coach Tim Carter has resigned, effectively immediately.
Associate head coach Murray Garvin (pictured) will take over in an interim role.
“We thank Coach Carter for his service as head men’s basketball coach at SC State and wish him well in his future endeavors,” AD Charlene Johnson said in a statement released by the school.
Carter was in his fifth season at the school, but his team was just 4-17 overall and 2-17 against Division I teams this season. They haven’t won a game since the end of November.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)