Feb 7, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
That’s at least according to a report this afternoon from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com:
North Carolina State point guard Lorenzo Brown will miss Thursday night’s game at Duke barring “a miracle,” a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
That’s simply disastrous news for the Wolfpack, who will now be forced to try and avoid falling to 5-5 — and five games behind Miami in the ACC title race — without their starting point guard and with a freshman, Tyler Lewis, making just the second start of his career.
At Cameron Indoor Stadium.
That’s not easy.
Brown injured the ankle in the first half of a game at Virginia. NC State eventually lost, 58-55. He also missed Saturday’s thriller against Miami, which NC State lost 79-78. That means the Wolfpack lost any chance of winning the ACC title with two losses to teams in the top three of the league by a combined four points.
It makes you wonder how much Brown, whose last healthy game was a 20-point, 11-assist performance against North Carolina, would have been worth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)