Feb 7, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
That’s at least according to a report this afternoon from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com:
North Carolina State point guard Lorenzo Brown will miss Thursday night’s game at Duke barring “a miracle,” a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
That’s simply disastrous news for the Wolfpack, who will now be forced to try and avoid falling to 5-5 — and five games behind Miami in the ACC title race — without their starting point guard and with a freshman, Tyler Lewis, making just the second start of his career.
At Cameron Indoor Stadium.
That’s not easy.
Brown injured the ankle in the first half of a game at Virginia. NC State eventually lost, 58-55. He also missed Saturday’s thriller against Miami, which NC State lost 79-78. That means the Wolfpack lost any chance of winning the ACC title with two losses to teams in the top three of the league by a combined four points.
It makes you wonder how much Brown, whose last healthy game was a 20-point, 11-assist performance against North Carolina, would have been worth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)