Feb 7, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
That’s at least according to a report this afternoon from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com:
North Carolina State point guard Lorenzo Brown will miss Thursday night’s game at Duke barring “a miracle,” a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
That’s simply disastrous news for the Wolfpack, who will now be forced to try and avoid falling to 5-5 — and five games behind Miami in the ACC title race — without their starting point guard and with a freshman, Tyler Lewis, making just the second start of his career.
At Cameron Indoor Stadium.
That’s not easy.
Brown injured the ankle in the first half of a game at Virginia. NC State eventually lost, 58-55. He also missed Saturday’s thriller against Miami, which NC State lost 79-78. That means the Wolfpack lost any chance of winning the ACC title with two losses to teams in the top three of the league by a combined four points.
It makes you wonder how much Brown, whose last healthy game was a 20-point, 11-assist performance against North Carolina, would have been worth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)