Feb 7, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
That’s at least according to a report this afternoon from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com:
North Carolina State point guard Lorenzo Brown will miss Thursday night’s game at Duke barring “a miracle,” a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
That’s simply disastrous news for the Wolfpack, who will now be forced to try and avoid falling to 5-5 — and five games behind Miami in the ACC title race — without their starting point guard and with a freshman, Tyler Lewis, making just the second start of his career.
At Cameron Indoor Stadium.
That’s not easy.
Brown injured the ankle in the first half of a game at Virginia. NC State eventually lost, 58-55. He also missed Saturday’s thriller against Miami, which NC State lost 79-78. That means the Wolfpack lost any chance of winning the ACC title with two losses to teams in the top three of the league by a combined four points.
It makes you wonder how much Brown, whose last healthy game was a 20-point, 11-assist performance against North Carolina, would have been worth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)