Feb 7, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
That’s at least according to a report this afternoon from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com:
North Carolina State point guard Lorenzo Brown will miss Thursday night’s game at Duke barring “a miracle,” a source told CBSSports.com on Thursday afternoon.
That’s simply disastrous news for the Wolfpack, who will now be forced to try and avoid falling to 5-5 — and five games behind Miami in the ACC title race — without their starting point guard and with a freshman, Tyler Lewis, making just the second start of his career.
At Cameron Indoor Stadium.
That’s not easy.
Brown injured the ankle in the first half of a game at Virginia. NC State eventually lost, 58-55. He also missed Saturday’s thriller against Miami, which NC State lost 79-78. That means the Wolfpack lost any chance of winning the ACC title with two losses to teams in the top three of the league by a combined four points.
It makes you wonder how much Brown, whose last healthy game was a 20-point, 11-assist performance against North Carolina, would have been worth.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)