Feb 7, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Auburn knocked off Alabama in the hoops version of the Iron Bowl on Wednesday night in a … (how can a put this nicely) … “hard-fought”, 49-37 win.
The victory was made extra special as in came in front of Cam Newton, aka the plight of my 2012 Fantasy Football existence:
Newton is taking classes at Auburn this semester to try and complete his sociology degree. He’s also apparently trying to make Auburn staffers that sit courtside go deaf.
Whatever the case may be, it looks like he is having a good time doing it.
And it’s also a more positive image than the last time we saw the Auburn student section.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)