Feb 7, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Auburn knocked off Alabama in the hoops version of the Iron Bowl on Wednesday night in a … (how can a put this nicely) … “hard-fought”, 49-37 win.
The victory was made extra special as in came in front of Cam Newton, aka the plight of my 2012 Fantasy Football existence:
Newton is taking classes at Auburn this semester to try and complete his sociology degree. He’s also apparently trying to make Auburn staffers that sit courtside go deaf.
Whatever the case may be, it looks like he is having a good time doing it.
And it’s also a more positive image than the last time we saw the Auburn student section.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)