Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
There’s no overstating the importance of Illinois’ 74-72 win over No. 1 Indiana on Thursday night, as a team that entered the game having lost eight of its last 11 was on the ropes in regards to getting to the NCAA tournament.
But while the win over the Hoosiers, clinched by a Tyler Griffey layup as time expired, certainly helps head coach John Groce and his players understand that there’s still plenty of work to be done.
In the video below, Groce and seniors Griffey and Brandon Paul addressed the media following Thursday’s game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)