Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
There’s no overstating the importance of Illinois’ 74-72 win over No. 1 Indiana on Thursday night, as a team that entered the game having lost eight of its last 11 was on the ropes in regards to getting to the NCAA tournament.
But while the win over the Hoosiers, clinched by a Tyler Griffey layup as time expired, certainly helps head coach John Groce and his players understand that there’s still plenty of work to be done.
In the video below, Groce and seniors Griffey and Brandon Paul addressed the media following Thursday’s game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)