Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
There’s no overstating the importance of Illinois’ 74-72 win over No. 1 Indiana on Thursday night, as a team that entered the game having lost eight of its last 11 was on the ropes in regards to getting to the NCAA tournament.
But while the win over the Hoosiers, clinched by a Tyler Griffey layup as time expired, certainly helps head coach John Groce and his players understand that there’s still plenty of work to be done.
In the video below, Groce and seniors Griffey and Brandon Paul addressed the media following Thursday’s game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)