Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
There’s no overstating the importance of Illinois’ 74-72 win over No. 1 Indiana on Thursday night, as a team that entered the game having lost eight of its last 11 was on the ropes in regards to getting to the NCAA tournament.
But while the win over the Hoosiers, clinched by a Tyler Griffey layup as time expired, certainly helps head coach John Groce and his players understand that there’s still plenty of work to be done.
In the video below, Groce and seniors Griffey and Brandon Paul addressed the media following Thursday’s game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)