Feb 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
There’s no overstating the importance of Illinois’ 74-72 win over No. 1 Indiana on Thursday night, as a team that entered the game having lost eight of its last 11 was on the ropes in regards to getting to the NCAA tournament.
But while the win over the Hoosiers, clinched by a Tyler Griffey layup as time expired, certainly helps head coach John Groce and his players understand that there’s still plenty of work to be done.
In the video below, Groce and seniors Griffey and Brandon Paul addressed the media following Thursday’s game.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)