Feb 9, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Today’s 87-61 win over North Carolina has to be considered the high point for the Miami basketball program.
Let’s start with the fact that they currently hold a two game lead over Duke in the ACC. That’s impressive, as is the fact that they become the first team since 1953 to beat both Duke and UNC by more than 25 points in the same season. There’s now discussion that the Hurricanes could be the best team in the country and No. 1 in the polls come Monday after.
We’re not talking about the Heat here.
This is The U. The Hurricanes. The program that was dropped by the school in the 70’s for more than a decade.
So you can understand why this group would be excited about this kind of performance when LeBron and Dwyane Wade are in the crowd.
Up by more than 20 in the second half, Miami showcased some of that excitement with an highlight reel, off-the-backboard alley-oop from Shane Larkin to Kenny Kadji on a fast break:
So I ask you: was this simply an example of youthful exuberance or an unsportsmanlike display of showmanship?
(h/t TBL for the video)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (3)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)