Feb 9, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Today’s 87-61 win over North Carolina has to be considered the high point for the Miami basketball program.
Let’s start with the fact that they currently hold a two game lead over Duke in the ACC. That’s impressive, as is the fact that they become the first team since 1953 to beat both Duke and UNC by more than 25 points in the same season. There’s now discussion that the Hurricanes could be the best team in the country and No. 1 in the polls come Monday after.
We’re not talking about the Heat here.
This is The U. The Hurricanes. The program that was dropped by the school in the 70’s for more than a decade.
So you can understand why this group would be excited about this kind of performance when LeBron and Dwyane Wade are in the crowd.
Up by more than 20 in the second half, Miami showcased some of that excitement with an highlight reel, off-the-backboard alley-oop from Shane Larkin to Kenny Kadji on a fast break:
So I ask you: was this simply an example of youthful exuberance or an unsportsmanlike display of showmanship?
(h/t TBL for the video)
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4