Feb 9, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Today’s 87-61 win over North Carolina has to be considered the high point for the Miami basketball program.
Let’s start with the fact that they currently hold a two game lead over Duke in the ACC. That’s impressive, as is the fact that they become the first team since 1953 to beat both Duke and UNC by more than 25 points in the same season. There’s now discussion that the Hurricanes could be the best team in the country and No. 1 in the polls come Monday after.
We’re not talking about the Heat here.
This is The U. The Hurricanes. The program that was dropped by the school in the 70’s for more than a decade.
So you can understand why this group would be excited about this kind of performance when LeBron and Dwyane Wade are in the crowd.
Up by more than 20 in the second half, Miami showcased some of that excitement with an highlight reel, off-the-backboard alley-oop from Shane Larkin to Kenny Kadji on a fast break:
So I ask you: was this simply an example of youthful exuberance or an unsportsmanlike display of showmanship?
(h/t TBL for the video)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)