Feb 9, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
An ugly scene broke out late in the second half of Missouri’s 98-79 win over Ole Miss on Saturday afternoon.
With the game pretty much in hand, Missouri center Alex Oriakhi got tangled up with Reginald Buckner and fell. As he went to the ground, he grabbed Buckner’s foot and tripped him.
Buckner got up and went back after Oriakhi and, well, just watch the video:
Buckner was ejected for throwing the (admittedly weak) punch that landed on Laurence Bowers’ cheek.
But Bowers came in after the initial dust-up and gave Buckner a solid, two-handed shove that was immediately followed up with a two-handed shove from Murphy Holloway in his back. Jabari Brown got in the pushing action after Buckner was separated by the refs at the same time that Oriakhi squared up fists with Holloway.
Buckner was ejected and will be suspended for the next game. Oriakhi got an intentional foul for the trip?
(UPDATE: Buckner was tossed for a flagrant foul, not for a punch. He won’t be suspended.)
Do you think anyone else should have been ejected or gotten T’d up?
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)