Feb 9, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
An ugly scene broke out late in the second half of Missouri’s 98-79 win over Ole Miss on Saturday afternoon.
With the game pretty much in hand, Missouri center Alex Oriakhi got tangled up with Reginald Buckner and fell. As he went to the ground, he grabbed Buckner’s foot and tripped him.
Buckner got up and went back after Oriakhi and, well, just watch the video:
Buckner was ejected for throwing the (admittedly weak) punch that landed on Laurence Bowers’ cheek.
But Bowers came in after the initial dust-up and gave Buckner a solid, two-handed shove that was immediately followed up with a two-handed shove from Murphy Holloway in his back. Jabari Brown got in the pushing action after Buckner was separated by the refs at the same time that Oriakhi squared up fists with Holloway.
Buckner was ejected and will be suspended for the next game. Oriakhi got an intentional foul for the trip?
(UPDATE: Buckner was tossed for a flagrant foul, not for a punch. He won’t be suspended.)
Do you think anyone else should have been ejected or gotten T’d up?
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)