Feb 9, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
An ugly scene broke out late in the second half of Missouri’s 98-79 win over Ole Miss on Saturday afternoon.
With the game pretty much in hand, Missouri center Alex Oriakhi got tangled up with Reginald Buckner and fell. As he went to the ground, he grabbed Buckner’s foot and tripped him.
Buckner got up and went back after Oriakhi and, well, just watch the video:
Buckner was ejected for throwing the (admittedly weak) punch that landed on Laurence Bowers’ cheek.
But Bowers came in after the initial dust-up and gave Buckner a solid, two-handed shove that was immediately followed up with a two-handed shove from Murphy Holloway in his back. Jabari Brown got in the pushing action after Buckner was separated by the refs at the same time that Oriakhi squared up fists with Holloway.
Buckner was ejected and will be suspended for the next game. Oriakhi got an intentional foul for the trip?
(UPDATE: Buckner was tossed for a flagrant foul, not for a punch. He won’t be suspended.)
Do you think anyone else should have been ejected or gotten T’d up?
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)