Feb 9, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
An ugly scene broke out late in the second half of Missouri’s 98-79 win over Ole Miss on Saturday afternoon.
With the game pretty much in hand, Missouri center Alex Oriakhi got tangled up with Reginald Buckner and fell. As he went to the ground, he grabbed Buckner’s foot and tripped him.
Buckner got up and went back after Oriakhi and, well, just watch the video:
Buckner was ejected for throwing the (admittedly weak) punch that landed on Laurence Bowers’ cheek.
But Bowers came in after the initial dust-up and gave Buckner a solid, two-handed shove that was immediately followed up with a two-handed shove from Murphy Holloway in his back. Jabari Brown got in the pushing action after Buckner was separated by the refs at the same time that Oriakhi squared up fists with Holloway.
Buckner was ejected and will be suspended for the next game. Oriakhi got an intentional foul for the trip?
(UPDATE: Buckner was tossed for a flagrant foul, not for a punch. He won’t be suspended.)
Do you think anyone else should have been ejected or gotten T’d up?
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)